Poshmark users? I need help! seller is away/won't respond

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
So there is a seller who has an item that I am literally ready to buy, but she didn't respond to my question I asked early yesterday, and I noticed back in march another person commented on the item and didn't get a response... what am I supposed to do? She has a lot of stuff in her closet, so I guess she doesn't want to sell any of it?

Thanks!

Put an offer in and see what happens. Maybe she just doesn't like to deal with questions or doesn't have he time to do so. It's just an offer, either nothing happens and you'll know to move along or she will accept.

Reactions: hitt
Unfortunately, some members on PM "forget" about their closets and let everything sit. I tried to purchase an item from a seller and my money sat there until PM contacted me that the seller did not respond by shipping the item. So, I was refunded. However, the item is still sitting there and I can't have it. It is a total bummer.

I agree with the above posters. A lot of times people forget about their closets and just let their items sit there. You can also check when the seller was last active by going to their "about" section. It'll tell you when they joined poshmark and when last active. If they've been active recently, maybe put in an offer and see what happens. Good luck!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post but this is just ticking me off and was wondering if anyone actually purposely ignores a potential buyer for any reason?

I have only sold one thing there and usually peruse and sometimes buy, I am always friendly, and respectful, and about a week ago I asked her to post a pic of the item in question ( sunglasses) on a flat surface opened if she could and thanked her, and got no response. A few days later I checked her "about" and it said she'd been on within the last hour, and I commented again asking if she had received it, and told her I was right ready to make an offer if I could just see to make sure they were sitting even... again no response.

So last night I worried about losing them to someone else or losing my chance because that's the only pair like it, so I went ahead and made a formal offer, and I thought "surely if she's not seeing my activity, it will let her know I've made an offer"......
Again, no. It's been a whole day, and I've been checking her activity, and she's been on every couple of hours it appears over the last day, and has yet to respond to the offer...

Surely a seller would want to sell something and if they're that active on PM, it seems like they'd notice.

I hate feeling like I'm bugging her, but this is odd.

What does this say to you?

You could post on their about page or another item. If your previous comments didnt include @sellername then that might make a difference.

Some people have so much in their feed they miss comments. Maybe the seller had a firm price and is tired of offers that go nowhere. Maybe they are negotiating a better deal with someone on another platform.

Or maybe they are a trouble seller. Did you look at the love notes? Sorry to hear about your troubles.

@klb4556 This seller could easily have been me (it wasn't, though). I think her behavior is typical. My guess would be either:

1) She missed your comment - they are SO easy to miss - despite being active in sharing and liking on the site throughout her day.
2) She saw your comment and made a mental note to take the picture, but hasn't responded to you yet. Not the best practice, but we're all human.

Anyway, poshmark is great! Don't let this worry you about the Poshmark experience!

I agree with all7s about the potential of missing comments. I miss SO many because of the ridiculous way Posh has their comments & updates stuff set up. Ditto on the offers and sales now, I have to manually go check the offer & My Sales sections just to see if anything sold because the updates & comments are constantly saturated with needless filler that pushes down any relevant updates.

Likewise, I do ignore some offers if they're absurdly low. I don't even counter those offers. Generally, I won't accept an offer under 20% of my listing price unless its an item I intentionally marked up due to chronic low-ballers for that brand / item. Too often buyers send in offers that are 45+% off the asking price while entirely forgetting the seller is already going to lose 20% of that price to fees.

That all said, I'm probably just going to delete my Posh here soon. Its getting to be more hassle than its worth.

I'll preface my comments by saying that I strongly dislike Poshmark and have stated such many times, both here on the ebay subforum as well as on AT Coach. Additionally, I don't buy or sell there so I don't know how difficult it is to know you've received messages, questions or offers.

That said, I'll now state my opinions.

1. Why would you want to do business with an unresponsive seller? If she's non-responsive before the sale, imagine how hard she'll be to deal with if there's a problem once you receive the item.
2. Are you sure the pictures are her own?
3. Are you sure the glasses are authentic?
(Depending on the answers to questions 2 and 3, it could explain why she's ignoring you.)

With poshmark I have had this happen more then a few times. I am not sure what it is about that site but half the time people seem like they don't really want to even sell what they're posting. I understand everyone is human, but I don't think they're truly that busy to not take a picture/respond within a reasonable amount of time. If I was you I would stay clear of a seller like that.

Reactions: BeenBurned
Hi, this is my first post, yeah!
I agree with all of the above. Posh has its ups & downs. I have accidentally missed ?'S and get pretty aggravated with the lowball offers. I try to remember that a buyer may not understand the amount of time it takes to photograph, measure & write the listing. Then the 20% fee! It can be exhausting! I haven't listed new items in a while & not sure if I ever will again. But, if someone misses more than a response or two, I would not feel comfortable buying from them.
Does anyone have sites to suggest?
Thank you, I'm so happy I found this site

Reactions: caannie
With poshmark I have had this happen more then a few times. I am not sure what it is about that site but half the time people seem like they don't really want to even sell what they're posting. I understand everyone is human, but I don't think they're truly that busy to not take a picture/respond within a reasonable amount of time. If I was you I would stay clear of a seller like that.
Sorry to interrupt but I simply have to comment on Kidclarke's avatar. Hilarious! I'm a kitty lover and owner too - not easy to capture such a perfect pic! Haaaaa.

I only recently listed some things on Poshmark, but I have noticed - despite having all the email notifications turned on - I rarely get one in a timely manner when someone comments or asks a question. I have to weed through all the useless notices on the site to get to anything important. I wish they'd fix that because otherwise it seems like a good place.