Posh and other WAGS = designers' kiss of death?

chloehandbags said:
I think the customers who have no originality, or taste, of their own and have to blindly follow celebrities (or avoid clothes/designers just because someone they don't admire wore them), should be in be firing line from designers, not 'the wrong kind' of celebrities!!! :rolleyes:

i'm not saying blindly following but you have to admit that middle america isnt watching fashion shows and memorizing vogue they are much more likely to see the hottest boots (or whatever) when paris is wearing them on the cover of the globe in shoprite checkout line

Very Interesting (& Entertaining) Article! ....... We All Know What VB Wears = Sells. I'm Definitely Thinking Of Tom Ford Back In The Spice Girls Days (Or Soon After). VB Definitely Projects A Much Different Image Now (Nothing Wrong With Before ~ We Should All Be Who We Want To Be!) ~ That I Would Hope Tom Ford Would Find More Inline With Gucci (Actually Forget TF ~ What A Jerk!).

Whether a celeb or not, everyone has the right to purchase the items. Tom Ford should be happy that Victoria is wearing Gucci because I can see that many people are obsessed with the clothes she wears that they went out to get one for themselves, ringing up the sales.

I don't think that article is being fair and it does'nt appear to be well researched.

A celebrity voluntarily wearing your clothes means they like them and if you've angry at appealing to the "wrong" audience, it's your own fault for making it available to the "wrong people."

Plus, VB is a style icon.

I don't think Roberto Cavalli would agree. She hasn't done Louis Vuitton any harm over the years either and now Hermes, not to mention Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana to name just a few. The Uk press love to build them up then knock them down. She sells magazines but the papers are not kind to her.

I think that Tom Ford is concerned for sales actually. There have been several well documented cases of certain people wearing designers and this being the kiss of death for sales. The most famous was when Daniella Westbrook dressed top to toe in Burberry check and the brand has still not recovered from that here in the UK, it is considered a majorly chavvy brand. A picture of Victoria in a certain outfit may sell lots of fakes or "inspired" versions of the said outfit but the very rich people who actually buy Gucci clothes do not consider her a style icon to aspire to. Like it or not that is what the high end fashion world is about.Generally here in the UK VB is not really considered a style icon, she sells gossip mags but she doesn't start trends in the way that someone like Kate Moss does, she merely follows whatever happens to be in the latest collections.

Hmm.. from a businessman's point of view, i'd try to stop selling my clothes to people like posh if i find that sales might plummet if people see my clothes being worn by her BUT how can you stop her? really. Besides, i'd think people should be more mature and find my designs irresistable despite the fact that people like posh is wearing them.

pinkish_love said:
i think VB is a fashion icon.. i dont understand TF worries!

Are you serious ?

She is completely unoriginal ! She was a Spice Girl for goodness sakes ! Of course , she has money so she dressess well , but there is absolutely nothing creative going on there --- just expensive .

And to top it off , the poor thing is disgustingly skinny which displays an enormous lack of self-confidence , something girls these days realy don't need any more of .

VB ? Rich ? Yes ! Icon ? Hell no .