Portobello...Where art thou?

Feb 2, 2009
Chicago
Ladies, I have a tale of woe that you've all heard of. You see a Chanel and you think and think about it, but you pass, thinking you're doing the right thing. A year later...you are still thinking about the same bag and it's no where to be seen or found. I am asking for your help! Have you seen this bag anywhere for sale?

It's the black portobello with black tweed and kiss lock closure from 2009. Elusive but I'm hoping that you ladies can help!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Thanks to Beach Bum for letting me poach her picture just for this purpose.

Attachments

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
check ebay or Bonanza.....?This bag is super fabulous....As u know,I have it and its really worth finding!
GL!

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
i feel yer pain... was the same til early this year. stalked the bay forever, and then, 1 day, *pop*! meant to be! heavy, but true luv! don't lose hope, GL!

Feb 2, 2009
Chicago
Your story gives me hope. All is not lost! I've been trolling the bay as well and coming up empty, so I thought I'd post and see whether there is some hidden trove of portobellos lurking on a website I'm unawares of!

Thanks for the encouragement!

i feel yer pain... was the same til early this year. stalked the bay forever, and then, 1 day, *pop*! meant to be! heavy, but true luv! don't lose hope, GL!

sophiac

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
hi

am also looking for the portobello...is this a discontinued style or a seasonal style? or do i have to look to the bay for one of these beauties?

thanks

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Birkin Bliss
I spotted 2 SOHO exclusive portobellos at the Tysons Corner, VA Chanel Boutique the other day. Not this same black on black but just sayin... :graucho:

Feb 2, 2009
Chicago
Don't tempt me! I want a portobello so bad that I'm thisclose to caving, but I've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer to find my heart's desire!

I spotted 2 SOHO exclusive portobellos at the Tysons Corner, VA Chanel Boutique the other day. Not this same black on black but just sayin... :graucho:

Chanelite

Jul 4, 2010
Moral of the story is if it's not a classic, Get it because you can bet your life it'll be gone forever! Best of luck in your quest! X

Feb 2, 2009
Chicago
Thanks purse-nality and Tartine for keeping your eyes peeled! I'm still holding out for black/black with tweed frame on the inside. Maybe I'll put up some reward posters in the near future since the bag is eluding me!