Portobello PM.... Cracking??

Jul 6, 2012
I was wondering for those that have the Portobello PM has your bag cracked?

All but 1 bag that I read that cracked in the Portobello clubhouse have been GM's including mine.
I really miss my GM and I'm going to try a PM.
Please let me now if you have a PM and how it's holding up!
Thank you! :biggrin:

I had my Port PM for a year and a half before I sold but no problems with cracking. Like you I have only heard that being a problem with the GM.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I also had the Port pm for about 10 months with no cracking but sold it because one of the reasons was i didn't want to live in fear of that dreadful cracking. I really liked that bag. She was a special souvenir from Hawaii. Wish I keep her.

I think you already know, but I have a pm with no problems but those frustrating scratches on the gold side plates. I am, however, thinking of selling it because it does have bends in the canvas in the spots where I think people have had cracking and I too live in fear that it'll crack. With the member in the clubhouse that recently mentioned that LV wouldn't help her when she went in with a cracked bag, that freaked me out. I haven't decided for sure what I'm going to do but I'm seriously thinking about it.

I had my Port PM for a year and a half before I sold but no problems with cracking. Like you I have only heard that being a problem with the GM.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I also had the Port pm for about 10 months with no cracking but sold it because one of the reasons was i didn't want to live in fear of that dreadful cracking. I really liked that bag. She was a special souvenir from Hawaii. Wish I keep her.

I think you already know, but I have a pm with no problems but those frustrating scratches on the gold side plates. I am, however, thinking of selling it because it does have bends in the canvas in the spots where I think people have had cracking and I too live in fear that it'll crack. With the member in the clubhouse that recently mentioned that LV wouldn't help her when she went in with a cracked bag, that freaked me out. I haven't decided for sure what I'm going to do but I'm seriously thinking about it.

So sad everyone sold or is thinking of selling it.
Since I have only heard of one PM cracking I'm going to use and not worry about the PM. :smile:

Since I have only heard of one PM cracking I'm going to use and not worry about the PM. :smile:

Go for it. :smile: It's a great bag and it'll be a great addition to your fabulous collection. Are you going pre-loved or new? If you find one on Yoogie's I haven't used that code. ;)

I only sold because it was a little small for me and I was choosing the bigger bags to carry. She was sitting in the closet and that is not what I buy my bags for so selling was the logical thing to do. That sale funded my first Artsy. I loved the Port and never worried about the stories of cracking just grew out of her.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I only sold because it was a little small for me and I was choosing the bigger bags to carry. She was sitting in the closet and that is not what I buy my bags for so selling was the logical thing to do. That sale funded my first Artsy. I loved the Port and never worried about the stories of cracking just grew out of her.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Was yours a PM?
I'm trying to switch to smaller bags..
My Speedy 25 is fine so I think a PM will be ok size wise. :smile:

Was yours a PM?
I'm trying to switch to smaller bags..
My Speedy 25 is fine so I think a PM will be ok size wise. :smile:

Yes it was a PM and funny I sold it to Yoogi's! If it's my bag you're in luck because it was mint condition! Take care of my bags! I really loved it! My husband picked that one out.

Be Blessed MoNikki