Portobello or Totally MM DE?

Cmariewhite87

Nov 30, 2013
I love the portobello! For me it is a perfect bag and everything I want in a bag, however, I've been reading on the forum about the cracking issue. The only other DE bag I think I'd consider is the Totally MM. Should I get what I really really want despite the cracking issue or settle for the Totally which I like but not like the Portobello?

Some have had cracking with the Port but some have had theirs for a while with no issues. Many that had issues were able to exchange for a new one or different style. If that's what you love, you should go for it. If you do, just use it often and keep an eye on it. I've heard that the style is being discontinued, so I'd get it now if you want it. You could always go with the Port and if you have issues, exchange for the Totally.

I would go for the Totally!
The strap of the Portobello is very hard and stiff. It isn't agreable to wear because of the wide bottom.
I have looked at it at the store and I doesn't like that bag.

Some have had cracking with the Port but some have had theirs for a while with no issues. Many that had issues were able to exchange for a new one or different style. If that's what you love, you should go for it. If you do, just use it often and keep an eye on it. I've heard that the style is being discontinued, so I'd get it now if you want it. You could always go with the Port and if you have issues, exchange for the Totally.

+1
:goodpost:
:wave:

Have you considered the newly released Reggia? It seems to be a cross between the Portobello and Delightful. I just got one and love it.

Last edited:
I love the portobello! For me it is a perfect bag and everything I want in a bag, however, I've been reading on the forum about the cracking issue. The only other DE bag I think I'd consider is the Totally MM. Should I get what I really really want despite the cracking issue or settle for the Totally which I like but not like the Portobello?

I have a Portobello pm and I love it. I find it an extremely comfortable bag to carry and I like the shoulder strap a lot. It might not be comfortable for some but I find it has conformed nicely to my shoulder. At first when I got the bag, I wasn't sure about it because the canvas was firm and it wasn't slouchy and comfy yet. As I wore it, it got more slouchy and I began to really love it. One thing that is frustrating is that the little gold plates on each side do get scratched up. The cracking is definitely a constant concern and I check it before and after each use. One previous poster mentioned it being wide, I don't understand that, it's not a wide bag at all, quite the opposite.

I have had the Portobello PM and I did really like the bag I just out grew it (prefer a bigger bag). I agree the Port was very comfortable as well. I had mine for two years and no cracking issues. I would think if they were going to happen it would have by now. One thing is the Port is one durable bag as it was my first LV and I carried it everywhere and on every trip! She last through Vegas for crying out loud and remained pristine! I also had the Totally PM and loved this bag too. I since sold the Port and Totally PM because of the size and the size only. I do have a Totally MM DE now and that is one gorgeous bag with the red peeking out the side pockets! I guess you should decide if you are Hobo girl or a Tote girl! If choosing between the two Totally.

Be Blessed MoNikki