Portobello or sully

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
I have decided to get one of these bags. Since I'm not near a store, can customer service locate a MiF or MIS bag for me or do I have to call the stores myself? And what is the likelihood there are any left that do not have a cloth tag?

From what I have been told the odds are in your favor of finding a MIF or MIS due to it being a newer bag. My Sully MIF was purchased in Dec and I was able to get one without trying.

I have decided to get one of these bags. Since I'm not near a store, can customer service locate a MiF or MIS bag for me or do I have to call the stores myself? And what is the likelihood there are any left that do not have a cloth tag?

All the Portobello GM I saw last month were made in the USA (except of the one on display that had scratches), and some Sullys MM were made in France and some in Spain. You could call the store directly and some SA are nice enough to go to stock and check them out for you, others will say they do not provide that service.
When Portobello was just released there were some MIF, I am not sure if you can locate one now unless it is a display or return. I have checked many in several stores. I ended up with one MIUS, and it is nicely allined (there are many that are not). I liked the style so much that I went to the store and got Sully as well, mine is MIF.

From what I have been told the odds are in your favor of finding a MIF or MIS due to it being a newer bag. My Sully MIF was purchased in Dec and I was able to get one without trying.

Thanks!
All the Portobello GM I saw last month were made in the USA (except of the one on display that had scratches), and some Sullys MM were made in France and some in Spain. You could call the store directly and some SA are nice enough to go to stock and check them out for you, others will say they do not provide that service.
When Portobello was just released there were some MIF, I am not sure if you can locate one now unless it is a display or return. I have checked many in several stores. I ended up with one MIUS, and it is nicely allined (there are many that are not). I liked the style so much that I went to the store and got Sully as well, mine is MIF.

Thanks for the help....I am debating about whether waiting and getting one in a store or ordering one. I'd be disappointed if the alignment doesn't look right...I also have been debating about getting one new or preloved. Would I get a Portobello in person to make sure the alignment is good? I did it realize there were issues....yikes!

Thanks!

Thanks for the help....I am debating about whether waiting and getting one in a store or ordering one. I'd be disappointed if the alignment doesn't look right...I also have been debating about getting one new or preloved. Would I get a Portobello in person to make sure the alignment is good? I did it realize there were issues....yikes!
my sully is made in france just bought it today.... pm too small... mm perfect!!!

Thanks!

If you live far away from the store you can order it on line. If you are not happy with it you can always exchange it...
Even if you go to the store they might only have one or two in stock, so there is no guarantee you will like the ones they have. If you decide to make a trip, make sure to call them to see if they have them and ask SA to put them on hold for you.
I like to go to the stores, try bags on with my stuff in them, inspect them.. and there are 5 stores all within an hour or so away...
Most people might not care about the alignment on the Portobello, it is not super noticable on the DE print and it is on the corners. And the alignment issue on the Sully is on the bottom of the bag so most people would not care.
There might be a price increase soon.... Good Luck with your decision!!!

It is easier to find a MIF Sully than Portobello. I found a MIF Sully on the first try (Saks LV boutique in Costa Mesa) with perfect alignment. I ended up with a cloth tag, slightly misaligned Portobello GM but only tried two of my favorite Saks boutiques. Both stores only had USA bags with slight misalignments. I like to buy from Saks for the points and the s/a's are more friendly and will check each bag for the made in.

It can be exhausting calling all over to find a MIF and being met with resistance from s/a's who don't want to check. I'm okay with a couple of my bags having cloth tags but would not want a closet full of them. The Port was a gift and the other bag - Delightful MM - was purchased with a $250 Saks gift card and none of the stores had a MIF. The savings made the cloth tag worth it for me.

When I got my Portobello at the end of November, ALL Portobello GM's in the Chicagoland area had the cloth tag. I think it just depends. I didn't want to wait, so I have a cloth tag (cloth tag Artsy MM too), but the Odeon PM I bought on Friday was MIF. Maybe call Nicole and ask her to check and see what they have? Then call John or Marvin at Nordstrom LV on Grand? Good luck! I love my Portobello soooooo much!!

When I got my Portobello at the end of November, ALL Portobello GM's in the Chicagoland area had the cloth tag. I think it just depends. I didn't want to wait, so I have a cloth tag (cloth tag Artsy MM too), but the Odeon PM I bought on Friday was MIF. Maybe call Nicole and ask her to check and see what they have? Then call John or Marvin at Nordstrom LV on Grand? Good luck! I love my Portobello soooooo much!!

Thanks! I will try them both and see...All your beautiful mod shots of the Portobello made me want this bag bad! and the Odeon too!

I have the portobello pm and I really like it. I bought it online, its made in usa and has cloth tag, but the alignment on mine is good, there were no flaws that I could see when I looked it over. I kind of worry about the hardware on the sides getting scratched up, but I've been using it about a month now and both sides seem fine. I don't own a sully so I cannot comment on that, but it looks nice. I've been using my portobello every day because of the winter and I don't want to use my mono or lambskin purses. Both are nice bags though.