Portobello GM vs Portobello PM??

Sashie42

Apr 1, 2012
Hello lovely ladies!

I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I did some searching but I didn't find too much info out there - has anyone ever directly compared the Portobello PM and the GM together??

I just recently snagged a gorgeous new-to-me Portobello PM, and although I LVOE it - I am worried that it just might be too small for me.

I currently carry a Delightful PM every day, which I am totally in LVOE with, it is my favorite bag and just the perfect size for me - so will the GM be too big for me then?

For reference - I am 5'8" with a larger atheltic build, so that might be what is making the PM feel small to me .. It does hold everything I carry in my Delightful, but I don't seem to have the room for the 'extra junk' that I might want to throw in the bag from day to day. ;)

Measurements-wise, the Port PM and the Delightful are about the same.. Has anyone ever had problems with the GM being too big? Or does anyone else carry both a Delightful and a Port? The GM just seems SO BIG - but I don't want to pass it up if it's manageable.

Are there any mod pics out there of both bags?

And can anyone else say 'waffling'?!?!?! :shame::shame::shame:

Sashie42

Apr 1, 2012
Oh no! Three months? That is not a lot of use for a bag like this, that is for sure.. I am so sorry that happened to you!

I had read about the cracking, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad!

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
U.S.A
Hello lovely ladies!

I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I did some searching but I didn't find too much info out there - has anyone ever directly compared the Portobello PM and the GM together??

I just recently snagged a gorgeous new-to-me Portobello PM, and although I LVOE it - I am worried that it just might be too small for me.

I currently carry a Delightful PM every day, which I am totally in LVOE with, it is my favorite bag and just the perfect size for me - so will the GM be too big for me then?

For reference - I am 5'8" with a larger atheltic build, so that might be what is making the PM feel small to me .. It does hold everything I carry in my Delightful, but I don't seem to have the room for the 'extra junk' that I might want to throw in the bag from day to day. ;)

Measurements-wise, the Port PM and the Delightful are about the same.. Has anyone ever had problems with the GM being too big? Or does anyone else carry both a Delightful and a Port? The GM just seems SO BIG - but I don't want to pass it up if it's manageable.

Are there any mod pics out there of both bags?

And can anyone else say 'waffling'?!?!?! :shame::shame::shame:
I have a preloved GM and it's a couple years old now with no cracking. I've used it almost daily since I got it earlier this year. I also have a Delightful GM but that is too huge for me so I use it for traveling only.
The Port GM is very roomy I'd say as much room as a NF. But sometimes it's nice to have something a bit smaller on days you don't need to pack everything. I do have a Totally PM that is just for every essentials but nice to go back to a GM shoulder bag when needed. I see nothing wrong with the PM if you already have a Delightful PM that seems a bit bigger. Good luck though! I'm sure not all GM cracks because mine didn't.