Portobello GM or Delightful GM

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
Friends,
I love DE and mono equally. I'm seriously wanting a hobo right now. I have been studying both these bags for some time now, so I'm not buying on impulse. Heehee.

I want a comfortable shoulder hobo that I can wear all seasons... including winter when I wear my favorite parkas or bulky wool coats. I definitely want armpit space. I'm not too concerned about wet weather ruining vachetta and LMB cream is my friend. Lol.

Portobello is really beautiful and I can use my Trevi strap with this bag which is a plus.

Delightful just seems like one of those comfy and practical great bags!! Another plus... I have a MIF on hold for me... I know, so crazy for a delightful bag right?

So dear LV friends, which one should I get?

Last edited:
I love my delightful GM :smile: i cant say anything bad about her shes another workhorse type of hobo when i want to give my NF GM DE a break. But i also lust for the Portobello GM she is just so sassy and carefree. Neverfails and i can abuse it and she remains faithful and looks untouched LMAO.

But as the rumors are starting that Delightful GM is getting Discontinued aswell. It makes me so glad i have mine. But i am biased alittle cause i love DE but i think it depends mainly what she would be used for Delightful i can see if u want another work horse like NF an be chic or Portobello if u want something u can carry a good size load and be elegant like trevi. HTH and good luck my friend:hugs:

nessie805 said:
I love my delightful GM :smile: i cant say anything bad about her shes another workhorse type of hobo when i want to give my NF GM DE a break. But i also lust for the Portobello GM she is just so sassy and carefree. Neverfails and i can abuse it and she remains faithful and looks untouched LMAO.

But as the rumors are starting that Delightful GM is getting Discontinued aswell. It makes me so glad i have mine. But i am biased alittle cause i love DE but i think it depends mainly what she would be used for Delightful i can see if u want another work horse like NF an be chic or Portobello if u want something u can carry a good size load and be elegant like trevi. HTH and good luck my friend:hugs:

Thanks Nessie. This really helps. I'll pm you tomorrow.

I would get the Delightful GM since you have one on hold ,its MIF and its being said that they are discontinuing the GM so you might not get another chance to get it! Since the Portobello just came out you know it will be available for awhile.....

Delightful GM was my first LV and it's made in France (not that it matters too much where it's from) but DH picked it out for me himself and he knew nothing about the heat stamps. I always try to put her in my rotation and the strap is super comfortable!! Of course I like the Portobello as well but Delightful is being discontinued so I'd probably get that first.

I am so in love with my Portobello GM!!!! I think Delightful is a beautiful bag though, too!! If I were you I would let the mono vs damier be the deciding factor. I live in Chicago and need a worry-free bag. I've been carrying Portobello nearly every day since I got her at the end of November!

Hrm. I love me a portobello, but I remember being with you at Rodeo Drive and test-driving one and it just wasn't ... quite ... right. I don't know why. So, when given a choice between the PB and a Speedy B, you know which one I picked.

I'm going to go with the delightful.

DrDior said:
Hrm. I love me a portobello, but I remember being with you at Rodeo Drive and test-driving one and it just wasn't ... quite ... right. I don't know why. So, when given a choice between the PB and a Speedy B, you know which one I picked.

I'm going to go with the delightful.

:ghi5: