Portland, Oregon Suggestions?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi-- taking a 3-day trip with a couple of girlfriends in a few weeks. We'll be staying in the downtown area. No car, but we heard there is a lot to see and do within walking distance or public transportation.

Any suggestions?

2. DH and I took a 3-day trip back in July, out first time there. There was a dinner cruise that went down the Willamette River that was very enjoyable. You get a different perspective of the city and surrounding area.

Also, walked around Chinatown and ran into a very nice garden/museum. Sorry don't know the name of it but it's on one of the main streets.

Walking around downtown Portland was also pleasant, reminded me of downtown LA back in the 60's.

Sorry to respond so late, this is my first time to this part of TPF.

3. Greetings! I :heart: Portland. I live on the Oregon coast, but visit Portland frequently.

Portland is a very friendly place. I've never had a bad experience there. I love the Oregon Zoo, OMSI (go see an OmniMax movie), Chinatown has some off-the-beaten-path places. The Nordstrom Rack in Portland is big ;)

Which part of downtown are you staying in? I love the Pearl district.