PORTE-DOCUMENTS BUSINESS MM

oldlurker

Oct 7, 2020
Hi there!

Does anyone know whether a MacBook Pro 16" fits in the Porte-Documents Business MM?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could post some pics of this particular model with a MacBook Pro 15" or 16" inside it, as well.

Cheers!

Well, this is not a Speedy, very few people has it obviously. Especially with that particular notebook.
The MacBook is 36x25 cm while the bag is 40x27. The 16” is a little larger than the classic 15”, and most business bags were practically designed around that machine. It would say that it should fit, even if it will be a tight one. Can you try it in in-store?

Reactions: oldlurker
The 16” is a little larger than the classic 15”, and most business bags were practically designed around that machine.
Exactly! That's why I'd like to see the bag with the 15" one inside it, so I could judge whether the 16" one would fit.
Can you try it in in-store?
I can't, unfortunately.
It would say that it should fit, even if it will be a tight one.
The question is though, how tight?

Perfect! Thank you, Bull!
This bag was just 37x27 cm, the Business is a little wider.
It won't fit then. The height of both bags is the same (27cm), but my laptop is taller than her husband's (~2cm), so the bag woulnd't zip with my laptop inside it, especially with its case on.

The LV iCare or the LV Porte-Documents Voyage GM model would be perfect for 16" laptops, but neither is available online. I wish I could buy any of them in-store, but neither is available at any of my country's LV's stores either.

It's been really hard for me to find a proper bag for my laptop. :/

Last edited:
As I understood, she tried the 15" in the store. That is the one in the bag in the pics. But it is snug. According to the official Apple specs, the 16" is only 0,5 cm taller and 1 cm wider, but I agree, that would be too tight. And the metal zipper also can scratch the laptop if the size is like that.
The classic PDV is an iconic bag, but as some less popular classics, almost never readily available. But they are happy to order one for you. I wouldn't recommend you to compromise. I would ask them to order one for you and have a generic laptop bag for those few weeks until it arrives.

According to the official Apple specs, the 16" is only 0,5 cm taller and 1 cm wider
Yes, but in order for you to zip one side of the bag (with the laptop inside it), you'd need to pull or stretch it a bit (so the thingy that zips can run over the laptop), which would make the other side of the bag shorter/smaller. That's why it wouldn't zip. On paper it's just a 0.5cm difference, but in reality it's actually a ~2cm difference (as it would be impossible to zip the bag without pulling or stretching it a bit).
have a generic laptop bag for those few weeks until it arrives.
Which one? I can't find any, neither at my country's briefcase stores nor at any other country's briefcase stores that ship worldwide. If I order the iCare or the PDV GM today, it will take about 40 days for it to arrive (according to LV), and I just can't wait that long. I'm seriously considering buying a 13" laptop, as there seems to be no proper briefcase for a 16" one. :/

Come on, every Apple Store or Apple Reseller offers laptop bags for the 16" MBP. There are hundreds on Amazon or anywhere. It is out for more than a year. Come on.
Sorry, but that's not true.

Apple sells no briefcase or bag whatsoever, only cases. As for Amazon's briefcases or bags, there's no proper one there, but only cheap or bulky ones, which I just can't use at work.

Anyway though, I've just ordered a MacBook Pro 13" and the PDV PM, so I can have a proper set until the PDV GM arrives.

Where I live, most Apple resellers do.
But yes, most of them are cheap. But that was the point. Not to spend €2000 just for something temporary.
But if you can buy 2 sets of bag+notebook, that is wonderful.

Where I live, most Apple resellers do.
But yes, most of them are cheap. But that was the point. Not to spend €2000 just for something temporary.
But if you can buy 2 sets of bag+notebook, that is wonderful.
Well, neither online nor at any shops I've ever been to (both here in my country and abroad) does Apple sell any briefcase or bag.

As for Amazon's, yes, they're all very cheap-looking and poorly made; I'd lose more money just by showing up at work with one of those than by getting another set of laptop plus LV briefcase.

Now I'm just trying to decide between the PDV and the Dandy Ombre. I had also considered the Armand, but I think a 16-inch laptop would fit far more comfortably in the PDV or in the Dandy Ombre.

Sorry, since we are all just nicknames and I did not know your status and your work, I just wanted to be practical with something that would fit most members here. But I understand your concern. But since your job is like that and you mentioned those bags, both the Taurillon Armand or the Dandy Ombre are way more elegant than a Monogram PDV. Those are high-end Vuitton, both of them. Understated, true luxury. I highly recommend them, and yes, you are right, the Dandy seems to be more spacious for the large MacBook Pro.

Sorry, since we are all just nicknames and I did not know your status and your work, I just wanted to be practical with something that would fit most members here. But I understand your concern. But since your job is like that and you mentioned those bags, both the Taurillon Armand or the Dandy Ombre are way more elegant than a Monogram PDV. Those are high-end Vuitton, both of them. Understated, true luxury. I highly recommend them, and yes, you are right, the Dandy seems to be more spacious for the large MacBook Pro.
I love the Damier Graphite PDV though, but I do agree the Dandy Ombre is way more elegant. I just find the Dandy a bit too overpriced and not really 'necessary' (many people who work with me, and even a few of our billionaire clients, do use the PDV, so it wouldn't be an issue at all).

I'm not quite sure whether the Dandy would be worthwhile, considering it's double the price of the PDV, which is also a great briefcase.

In terms of ageing, do you think the Dandy would be a better purchase?

I think the PDV would age much better than the Dandy, as the latter is leather and the former is canvas. LV's canvas does tend to show less ageing marks than leather.

What's your take on this matter?