Food Pork chop recipe??

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
So I'm exploring some new non-Asian meal options. Tonight I rocked making southern fried chicken (pats self on back). And now I'm wanting to try pork chops. I did it the other day without a recipe but I had to try it with gluten free breadcrumbs (no good). I'm wanting to try "the real deal". Does anyone have any easy and yummy pork chop recipes?? I'd love to hear em!! TIA!!

I usually season my pork chops with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder (I usually season my meat earlier and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight). I place in flour (that has a sprinkle of paprika, salt, and pepper), then eggs, and then panko breadcrumbs. I fry it in canola oil on both sides for a couple of minutes, depending on the thickness.

I will be making this tonight :P

I usually season my pork chops with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder (I usually season my meat earlier and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight). I place in flour (that has a sprinkle of paprika, salt, and pepper), then eggs, and then panko breadcrumbs. I fry it in canola oil on both sides for a couple of minutes, depending on the thickness.

I will be making this tonight :P
Wow that sounds so good. I had some left over pork chops that were marinating from the other day but I tried to save it by adding some regular breadcrumbs and flour and what not to fix the flat tasting gluten free breadcrumbs.

I'm wanting to try your version out. So you season the meat bare then later again in the flour, followed by eggs, then in panko breadcrumbs?? It's it really thick and heavy?? Any photos??

I made pork chops last night! I wanted something plain so I could dress it up as I felt fit (last night was with mango cranberry salsa!) so I brushed both sides with olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then oven baked them for about 28 mins.

Wow that sounds so good. I had some left over pork chops that were marinating from the other day but I tried to save it by adding some regular breadcrumbs and flour and what not to fix the flat tasting gluten free breadcrumbs.

I'm wanting to try your version out. So you season the meat bare then later again in the flour, followed by eggs, then in panko breadcrumbs?? It's it really thick and heavy?? Any photos??

It's not heavy at all (ie. the crust is not thick). It's just lightly coated with flour...

I will post photos soon ;)

I made pork chops last night! I wanted something plain so I could dress it up as I felt fit (last night was with mango cranberry salsa!) so I brushed both sides with olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then oven baked them for about 28 mins.

That's a really great idea to make em plain so you could dress it up. Thanks for the idea!! ;);)

My two favorite things to do with pork chops are:

Slather them with BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ) and grill them.

Brown chops for a minute or two on each side in a little hot oil, remove chops from pan. Add a couple of teaspoons of minced garlic to oil (add a little more oil if necessary), stir til fragrant, and add a sauce made of 4 TBSP soy sauce, 4 TBSP sherry, 5 TBSP brown sugar, 1 tsp sesame oil, and 1/4 (heaping) tsp crushed red pepper flakes. Heat the sauce and add the chops back, simmer about 20 minutes. Remove chops again, add a thickening mixture of 1 TBSP water and 1 tsp cornstarch, and stir sauce til thick. Plate chops on a bed of white rice, cover with gravy, enjoy.