Popular Designer bags with outside functional pockets?

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Hello everyone!

I've been traveling a lot lately with my family of 4. I'm in charge of the passports, boarding passes, sightseeing & navigation. Which means I need a bag with an easy access outside pocket to put maps & boarding passes (and still keep my wallet inside my bag).

Strap drop also plays an important role. It should have an 8 to 10" drop

Of late I can't find popular designers' bags that meet my criteria.

Makes me wonder if these bag designers travel at all or do they have people to get things for them? The least they can do is give us an extra outside pocket for the amount of money we are paying for the bags. :sad:

Help!

MY dream bag ! Hayden Harnett Corcavado
1202508624706595885_med.jpg
1198185416357461306.jpg
http://haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?...ttp://haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?action=tote

Khaki or black patent or soft emerald goatskin.

Attachments

• khaki corc.jpg
    khaki corc.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,130
Last edited:
Rebecca Minkoff's Matinee bag is chocked full of pockets! I have this bag and did not realize how many pockets there were when I bought it.

_DSC0170_rollover.jpg

It has 2 open pockets at each end that are fairly deep, a zip pocket at each end under the flap, and on each side, 2 pockets- one unzipped, one zipped.

So Bailey, you're looking for a shoulder bag with that strap drop, right? The Hayden-Harnett Corcavado certainly fits the bill! I'll have to take another look at that one myself -

thanks for the replies everyone - keep em coming!!!

i want to have as many options as possible. Although I do tend to gravitate towards big name designer brands.

I hope I can find THE ONE...

how are Prada messengers anyways? I'm still waiting for them to come out with a more feminine design & not a unisex one.

Thanks again!

I'm the mother of 2-year-old twin boys. My handbag was recently stolen, so I just went through the quest you are going through right now and it's difficult! I found the Dolce & Gabbana Miss Camp on sale at Neiman Marcus and grabbed it because it fit all my criteria.

It has a really big outside pocket on each side. You can grab/stuff things in and out of them without needing to mess with zippers or snaps. It has a long drop strap and stays on my shoulder while I have two-year-olds tugging my arms in opposite directions. And the pebbled leather wears/cleans well.

Good luck,
Wendy

Last edited:
Balenciaga!:drool: All time favorite bag with a functional front pocket!:yahoo:

Pros:
1. Comes in TONS of gorgeous colors
2. Yummy Leather
3. You can choose between Giant Gold Hardware, Silver Giant Hardware, or the Regular hardware to go with tons of color choices..so yay to versatility!:heart:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 2,219