Poppy Sparkle or Peyton Metallic wristlet??

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
I really want to get one of these wristlets, but I can't decide which one. I'm not sure if one of the leathers is more or less durable than the other.

On looks and versatility I am leaning towards the Poppy. I like the fact it has the extra zipper compartment that the Peyton doesn't have, and I'm in love with that sparkle leather.

But on the other side of the coin, the Peyton being a darker color may hide wear better. I plan to use it inside my Ali rosegold purse (so yes, the Peyton would match better) and also use it by itself. Oh yes - I also plan to use it inside the Kristin Hobo shown below. I already have two Kristin pieces, I don't want another, which is why I haven't opted to include a Kristin wristlet in the options. I think the Poppy would look better with the Kristin (silver hardware).

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. :biggrin:

poppy wristlet.jpg

peyton wristlet.jpg

i have the poppy sparkle leather hobo and it is not wearing well. i have only had it for a few weeks and it's dirty... plus it cannot really be cleaned. however, it is absolutely gorgeous and so much fun. i get a million compliments all the time! you will love the sparkle leather if you go for it! i actually want that wristlet really bad!

Thanks for your reply - but the fact the leather isn't wearing well isn't a big vote of confidence. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if it's bouncing around inside a bag and hitting off other stuff.

i have the poppy sparkle leather hobo and it is not wearing well. i have only had it for a few weeks and it's dirty... plus it cannot really be cleaned. however, it is absolutely gorgeous and so much fun. i get a million compliments all the time! you will love the sparkle leather if you go for it! i actually want that wristlet really bad!

Thanks for your reply - but the fact the leather isn't wearing well isn't a big vote of confidence. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if it's bouncing around inside a bag and hitting off other stuff.

i know what you mean. i was actually very disappointed when i realized my new bag wasn't going to hold up well, but i loved it enough to keep it. if wear and tear is a major concern for you i would consider the peyton, as cute as the poppy is!

I just called the store and had the Peyton put away for me. I hope I made the right decision. I'm still so unsure.

I asked the SA about the materials for them both and she said they are the exact same material, just 2 different colors, but that the wear and durability would be identical.

So if she is correct it would mean that "dusted suede" (which is not a term that Coach uses, I've only read it on here - whenever I call it dusted suede they have no idea what I am talking about), and "textured leather" are in fact, the same thing.

The only other thing that bugs me about the Poppy is that PVC silver tag on the front. YUCK. Even my DH hated it. It doesn't look so bad on black, but on the sparkle leather it looks yucky. I like that the Peyton has a cleaner unobstructed look. Yep, I think the Peyton is growing on me. For now anyway!