Poppy Questions

viola84

O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
Hello Everyone.

Lately I have been lusting for a new designer bag.
I got the shimmy I love love mulberry and want to expand.
Since I have low budget I was looking online and I see a lot of poppy's on sale and i started the fancy that.
There is a dutch website almost like ebay where I found this wonderful poppy
http://link.marktplaats.nl/392603389
I find the colour very interesting but because foto's are not always wright does anyone of you know if its beautiful in real life, does ik get dirty quick?
also I see the bag closing with a metal thing (sorry no idea how to call that in english) is that handy? does it close properly when walking in rain?

And my last and final question, the lady want to sell it for 350 euro. I have no idea what the original price is (lady said its costed 1300 euro but she had no receipt) but is it worth it for a second hand bag?

Already tnx for reading this long long post but it would really help me!

Hello Everyone.

Lately I have been lusting for a new designer bag.
I got the shimmy I love love mulberry and want to expand.
Since I have low budget I was looking online and I see a lot of poppy's on sale and i started the fancy that.
There is a dutch website almost like ebay where I found this wonderful poppy
http://link.marktplaats.nl/392603389
I find the colour very interesting but because foto's are not always wright does anyone of you know if its beautiful in real life, does ik get dirty quick?
also I see the bag closing with a metal thing (sorry no idea how to call that in english) is that handy? does it close properly when walking in rain?

And my last and final question, the lady want to sell it for 350 euro. I have no idea what the original price is (lady said its costed 1300 euro but she had no receipt) but is it worth it for a second hand bag?

Already tnx for reading this long long post but it would really help me!

Hi Viola, sorry I have no experience of this Mulberry bag or price but I am sure one of the other ladies will be along soon to help you out.....:graucho:

I have a choc brown poppy- must be about 3 years old now and it is still stunning- you might have to translate for me- not sure what size or colour this one is? but I know poppy was an expensive bag for its time about £750-£800 for the regular size so to me the price seems reasonable- but you could do an ebay search on completed listings and see if any have been sold on there recently to give you an idea of the going price? It is a lovely bag- can thoroughly recommend it- I dont use mine enough to be honest and when it does come out my OH always asks why I dont use it more as he actually likes the look of it- he doesnt get my bays obsession!!

haha men just dont get our obsession!, I am happy with your responds I still have to see the bag in person and I have emailed the seller.
By the looks of the pictures, do you think its authentic?

There is not much to translate.
But I will translate for you
De tas is gebruikt maar verkeerd in zeer goede staat. (the bag is used but in mint condition)
Graag bieden naar waarde en alleen als je echt geinteresseerd bent. (only bid for its value and if you are only interested)
Heeft 1350,- euro gekost bon niet aanwezig. (costed 1350 euro I have no receipt)

That what bugs me, no receipt, I keep all my bag receipt especcially with a bag that expensive.

Last question what means OH as in I dont use mine enough to be honest and when it does come out my OH always asks why I dont use it more as he actually likes the look of it-

haha men just dont get our obsession!, I am happy with your responds I still have to see the bag in person and I have emailed the seller.
By the looks of the pictures, do you think its authentic?

There is not much to translate.
But I will translate for you
De tas is gebruikt maar verkeerd in zeer goede staat. (the bag is used but in mint condition)
Graag bieden naar waarde en alleen als je echt geinteresseerd bent. (only bid for its value and if you are only interested)
Heeft 1350,- euro gekost bon niet aanwezig. (costed 1350 euro I have no receipt)

That what bugs me, no receipt, I keep all my bag receipt especcially with a bag that expensive.

Last question what means OH as in I dont use mine enough to be honest and when it does come out my OH always asks why I dont use it more as he actually likes the look of it-

OH means "Other Half", Viola.....;)

I have had a few Poppy bags .. they are wonderful & so easy to use.

I actually doubt the authenticity of that bag .. you should post it in the Authenticate This thread for someone to take a look at for you ... just incase!!

I have had a few Poppy bags .. they are wonderful & so easy to use.

I actually doubt the authenticity of that bag .. you should post it in the Authenticate This thread for someone to take a look at for you ... just incase!!

Oh really? why do you doubt if I may ask? yes I have post it in the authenticate tread but all the girls are away this weekend I heard (bicester)
Friday I am going to see the bag in person.

I could be wrong, but it just looks quite different to the ones I have had.

Please do wait until the authenticators come back. They may need more photos (close up of internal label, serial number on the back of the metal fob, picture of the black made in label etc)

I could be wrong, but it just looks quite different to the ones I have had.

Please do wait until the authenticators come back. They may need more photos (close up of internal label, serial number on the back of the metal fob, picture of the black made in label etc)

Yeah its the large poppy I have emaild her for more close up pictures,
I ask her for all the things you mentioned, also I ask for pictures of the button things, If its real it should also mention mulberry
Tnx for responding.