Poppy Lilac Rose...perri or small tote

Britexmom

Britexmom
Jul 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Finally got a chance to nip into the coach store and saw the lilac rose leather IRL...omg, so soft and smoochy and the color is just so summery...love it.
So now do I get the perri cross body or the small tote. They didn't have the tote instore but I tried on the cherry tote, love that the handles are much wider than last yrs baby glam and way more comfy to wear. If I got the perri I probably would only use the long strap as a shoulder bag not cross body. I guess I am wondering which style is more suited to a 44 yr old mom of 4 for frequent use during the summer.
I am already looking thru my clothes and envisioning which outfits will look best with the lilac ....since I am on a bag ban I am taking a couple of hardly used bags to a consignment store to see if I can round up funds for the poppy.
I am bummed the FB coupon ended yesterday so I am likely going to wait for the next PCE.
TIA for any input :smile:

sheisgi

Jan 22, 2013
Augusta, Ga
Both are age appropriate. I'm 40 and I buy what I want lol. Seriously, they both are age appropriate. The Poppy line has improved in that area by making fun bags and still making some of them appropriate for all ages. As far as which to choose, I really make decisions based on what I have. I have several totes but I don't own a lot of hippie bags. Truthfully, I like my bags crossbody and while it's listed as a crossbody, I had to buy hardware to get it to hip me on the lower hip. I bought the lilac rose in hippie. The second decision is function. How will you use it. It's not a bag I'll carry VERY often. In fact I'll probably carry it Spring/Summer only when I'm not working. Since I won't be carrying around a lot during that season AND I like my hands free when I do, I got the hippie. I hope that helps...

GoStanford

Jun 28, 2012
Lilac rose in beautiful! Yes you are a hip mom and can show off that pretty bag - to me it is overall fun but conservative - especially compared to the blingy bags out there. I know a lot of it is attitude and I worry too about the bag wearing me rather than the other way around.

I like the hippie myself but haven't seen the tote up close.

Mom2jtv

Coach Lover
Nov 27, 2012
Washington State
I love the small tote and I hope to buy it someday. I think anyone can carry any bag they want, no matter what age they are. Life is short. Enjoy beautiful things.

Britexmom

Britexmom
Jul 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Both are age appropriate. I'm 40 and I buy what I want lol. Seriously, they both are age appropriate. The Poppy line has improved in that area by making fun bags and still making some of them appropriate for all ages. As far as which to choose, I really make decisions based on what I have. I have several totes but I don't own a lot of hippie bags. Truthfully, I like my bags crossbody and while it's listed as a crossbody, I had to buy hardware to get it to hip me on the lower hip. I bought the lilac rose in hippie. The second decision is function. How will you use it. It's not a bag I'll carry VERY often. In fact I'll probably carry it Spring/Summer only when I'm not working. Since I won't be carrying around a lot during that season AND I like my hands free when I do, I got the hippie. I hope that helps...
I am a sahm so during the summer I always have kids with me....generally it's my dd who is 11 and she brings a friend or two when do day trips, so I always end up with some of their items in my bag for safe keeping....so for that reason I am leaning towards the tote bit not having seen it IRL makes me second guess.

Last edited:

donnaoh

O.G.
Aug 25, 2010
The Lilac Rose is sure a beautiful colour! I am beginning to appreciate the waxy leathers and the 'personality' it shows after some wear.

Britexmom

Britexmom
Jul 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
The Lilac Rose is sure a beautiful colour! I am beginning to appreciate the waxy leathers and the 'personality' it shows after some wear.
I love the feel of the leather....it's much softer than the waxed leather on my black poppy satchel from last year. I think this yrs leather will wear like a comfortable chair rather than become wrinkled and destructed looking :P

sheisgi

Jan 22, 2013
Augusta, Ga
I am a sahm so during the summer I always have kids with me....generally it's my dd who is 11 and she brings a friend or two when do day trips, so I always end up with some of their items in my bag for safe keeping....so for that reason I am leaning towards the tote bit not having seen it IRL makes me second guess.
Personally I don't think you'll be disappointed by the tote. I've seen one of the other colors and I love it.

I love the feel of the leather....it's much softer than the waxed leather on my black poppy satchel from last year. I think this yrs leather will wear like a comfortable chair rather than become wrinkled and destructed looking :P
don't you just love that?!