Poppy Highlight 16283P!

happybag

I shop for sport
Jan 3, 2010
My PCE bag arrived from JAX today! Since she has already been revealed on tPF, I'll just introduce my black leather Poppy "LegaPop" Highlight 16283P pilot bag!

attachment.php

I arrived home late tonight and had to photograph quickly before a late dinner. I might try to take some daylight photos next week.

I LOVE her shape, the black-on-black materials, the Legacy lining (although I hope Coach releases some Legacy-weight leather bags with Legacy lining in 2011, but I digress), the length of the crossbody strap, even the zipper pulls. Very subtle treatments for a Poppy bag - and I like it!

However, she is very lightweight. I think a previous poster commented about this when she revealed hers. The leather is a smidge thinner than the new Madison leather on the Sophias and Convertible Hobo. Of course, the Highlight's pricepoint somewhat reflects that, for a bag of this size. With that said, I had an idea of what to expect when I bought this bag. IMO this bag would have been perfect for what it is, if the leather was a tad thicker and the straps a tad heavier. I still love her and will probably keep her around. :graucho:

Capacity-wise, she doesn't hold quite as much as the Spotlight, and it's easier to load up a Spotlight due to the wide opening than to load up the Highlight, which is tall and slender. I like the profile of the Highlight when carried.

The black and cobalt leather Highlights are sold out right now on Coach.com.

Attachments

• fwspecial 029.JPG
    fwspecial 029.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,946
^ I like the vertical shape. She's a smidge taller than the Spotlight, and a few inches narrower front-to-back at the base. This gives her a sleek profile IMO.

However, because the rings to which the crossbody strap attaches are a few inches down from the bag's tallest point, the top may flop forward when she's carried and depending on how she's filled. This doesn't happen with the Spotlight, because Spotlight's rings are on the bag's top edge.

I appreciate the "wide-mouthed" domed opening since the Highlight is narrower at the top than the base. This makes it easier to access the contents.

this is nothingggggggggggg like i thought poppy legacy would be and thats a huge pos considering my past comments

:smile: congrts, i love it in black

any mod pics?

I know, me too!!!! I was PLEASANTLY surprised!!

No mod pics :sad: but kkroxybee has some good mod pics in her reveal: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-pce-reveal-my-first-poppy-639972-2.html#post17087508

There is a bit of a backstory with this bag. I like the price points of the Poppy totes and had been unsuccessfully searching for the "perfect" Poppy tote for me. I was perusing Coach.com the other day and the Highlight jumped out at me. This wasn't the first time I'd seen it, but it was the first time I really noticed it, and noticed how it fit my requirements, with or without the Legacy lining (although the Legacy lining did add mega-points, hehe). That was when I decided I HAD to get this bag and LegaPop won me over!