Poppy Glam Tote--Black Op Art SHIMMERY??

_Jade_

Oct 15, 2009
Hey!!

Got my first Coach bag...LOVED the poppy glam tote in the black op art--very subtle and funky at the same time.

When I was on the Macy's website, I noticed this cool op art in black that had random C's outlined in silver. Very subtle..loved it.

Stopped in at Macy's the other night after work and they were so freakishly busy. They didn't have ANY of the black glam totes. When I finally got the attention of an SA she said she had a few in the back. When she brought it out, all I did was try it on..looked good and bought it, EXCITEDLY.

Now, I'm having second thoughts. I didn't know it had so much shimmer. I took the following pic with flash...so shimmery?

1o6mwi.jpg

And look at the stock photo...the C's look better placed in the stock photo. I hate that willy-nilly C at the top of my purse.....

29w5zwp.jpg

ARGHHHH!!!

I might return it....even though I love the bag style itself...the c's annoy me. I could live with the shimmeryness..I guess...=[

What think you guys?? Do you think it's a year-round bag...or more wintery. LOL

Last edited:
Does Lurex mean "insanely glittery when viewed from a close proximity"?

I just looked at it again and it looks like glitter from another bag ALL over this one.

I know I should go back and ask to look at another back at the store...but I really don't have the time...

Any help/advice from you gals would be so appreciated.

=]

OK, I'm not the only one! Thanks!

Yea, I guess I can live with the shimmeryness of it..even though on websites..no matter how close I zoom, not a speck of shimmer to be seen.

The C's are definitely bothering me. Maybe I'll get myself back to Macy's and ask to see a few more..and pick one with more evenly spaced C's like in the stock photo.

Dang it!! I should have noticed something like this before I left the store. But it was so late and I was so tired...and they were so busy!

Drilldown is never something to depend on since most of the bags look nothing like it IRL!

I would go back in and check out some more bags, pick the one with the best placement of the Cs.

I have this bag, too, and carry it for school all of the time. I can see why the C at the top might annoy you, but you might just exchange it for a different one with the fabric cut from a different section. I really do love this bag though, and you might find after carrying it a bit that it's really not as glittery as it feels at first.

I hope you give her a chance!

I think the glitter is from another purse, I have the swingpack and only the C's have are sparkly =) sorry for the crappy photo its my cell lol

Attachments

• Swingpack.jpg
    Swingpack.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 96