Poppy Enamel Bow Ring

Beriloffun

Aug 30, 2010
hey guys!

Just wondering on your opinion about the Poppy Enamel Bow ring? Is it too juvenile? I'm 21 and I enjoy a pop of color here and there...but wondering if its TOO big?
And I'm also really curious on how the metal lasts...like does it turn your finger green? Last day to decide before PCE ends!
help?:smile:

Attachments

• AAAADLcmyYEAAAAAAPnRNw.jpg
    AAAADLcmyYEAAAAAAPnRNw.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 444
I think it's adorable, and not too big at all. It's whimsical but a 21-year-old could carry it off with no problem, especially the more conservative navy/white version that you pictured.

I have a few Coach rings but unfortunately haven't worn any of them long enough to notice whether they turned my skin green. Hopefully someone with more experience with the rings can chime in. However, if you have sensitive skin or reactions to other base metal jewelry, you might want to be wary. I've heard of people coating the inside of rings with clear nail polish to lessen chances of a reaction although I'm not sure if this really works.

If you live close to an outlet, be aware that Coach jewelry gets discounted heavily when it goes to the outlet. A ring of this price might get down to $27 or $23 depending on the discount, and including coupon. I'm waiting to snag one of these when it shows up at the outlet. I love the nautical vibe of the navy/white.

Last edited:
Yeah...the gold plated stuff will turn colors...on you and the ring itself! Which is unfortunate. Gah, their stuff is so pretty, though!
If you do coat it with clear nail polish, be careful which brand you use. I do not know one to recommend, but if you aren't careful, it will flake and look...sickly. LOL!
However, their sterling silver is awesome, in general. No problems there.

I would wait for it to go to the outlet, like Happybag said, but that's just me.

I really wish I lived closer to an outlet! Mine is about 1 hour away! Once its off the website-its at the outlet, right? I just don't want to pass it up!

And is the sizing true to size? I'm a 6.5 on my ring finger, so I guess I should go up a size?

^ IMO the ones I've tried run true-to-size, but mine are band-style rings. Rounding up your half size might not be a bad idea, or (if buying online is your only option) buy both the 6 and the 7 and keep the one that fits best?

Thanks happybag. I think I'm going to wait for it to come out at the outlets...which shouldn't be too long from now? The sensible side of my brain is getting to me...:noggin: boooo

Are you sure that your outlet carries jewelry? I know some of them don't carry anything other than bags and accessories.

And it's a really cute ring!

This is true. My closest hour is 2 and half hours away and it does not carry jewelry. The closest outlet to me that does carry jewelry is 5 hours away. It wouldn't be worth the money in gas to drive just for that. :smile:

The ring is really cute!

Omg you guys are such enablers! Haha I called the closest store that had my size and they are sending it to my house! Yipeee!

I will take pics when it gets here...and once I have time to paint my nails all pretty haha.
I kept debating with myself if it's too much or not...but I can always return it! (prob won't tho bc it's too cute!)

And my outlet does carry jewelry....however at an hour away, it's a huge inconvenience. And the outlet by my parents house doesn't carry jewelry, which is what i was depending on! But I'm excited!