Poppy DENIM Signature Glam Tote a MACY's exclusive??

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
Pardon my ignorance but does Coach make bags of certain styles or different color combo of an existing style for Macy's only?? Sometimes I notice that when looking at the FP and Macy's Coach stock. If yes, is there a difference in quality with the Macy's Coach bag??

Anyway...I saw this gorgeous Denim tote from Macys.com. I don't remember seeing this style from the Spring 2012 thread. Does anyone know if this is a Macy's exclusive bag?? I think the bag is beautiful. I was surprised that it was placed in the Poppy line...it certainly isn't "Poppy priced" at $358.

Attachments

• Denim Poppy Tote.jpg
    Denim Poppy Tote.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 801
I like it

I like it a lot too!! I love the signature Cs and the stitching on the front pocket flap.

I have known of a few bags just made for department stores. I am a little shocked at the price tag. $358 seems a little high for a non leather glam tote IMHO.

Thanks for verying that there are made for dept store bags. $358 is a lot - I hope its made of thick denim to somewhat make sense of the price!

Pardon my ignorance but does Coach make bags of certain styles or different color combo of an existing style for Macy's only?? Sometimes I notice that when looking at the FP and Macy's Coach stock. If yes, is there a difference in quality with the Macy's Coach bag??

Anyway...I saw this gorgeous Denim tote from Macys.com. I don't remember seeing this style from the Spring 2012 thread. Does anyone know if this is a Macy's exclusive bag?? I think the bag is beautiful. I was surprised that it was placed in the Poppy line...it certainly isn't "Poppy priced" at $358.

I saw this, and a crossbody hippie version in my Macy's store on Sunday. The Glam tote was priced at $398 - The Hippie at $358. I saw the Hippie on Macys.com - priced at $198. Apparently the ones in store have the incorrect price (even though it's the official Coach price tag). In my opinion - both are WAY over-priced. They look nice from a distance - but up close, the denim isn't as heavy as I would expect. And, again, just my opinion, but the blue leather trim looked cheap. I didn't look closely at the handles on the glam tote (it was locked up) - but the braided handles on the hippie were more chain-linked, then laced edging. If it were Poppy priced - I think they went from $198 to $228-ish - it would be more realistic, but not $358. Just giving an honest opinion, as I have 2 other denims of my own to compare.

This is not a department store exclusive. It will be released in FP stores next Friday with the new spring Poppy floorset. There are a number of bags that will be available in this pattern.

I saw this, and a crossbody hippie version in my Macy's store on Sunday. The Glam tote was priced at $398 - The Hippie at $358. I saw the Hippie on Macys.com - priced at $198. Apparently the ones in store have the incorrect price (even though it's the official Coach price tag). In my opinion - both are WAY over-priced. They look nice from a distance - but up close, the denim isn't as heavy as I would expect. And, again, just my opinion, but the blue leather trim looked cheap. I didn't look closely at the handles on the glam tote (it was locked up) - but the braided handles on the hippie were more chain-linked, then laced edging. If it were Poppy priced - I think they went from $198 to $228-ish - it would be more realistic, but not $358. Just giving an honest opinion, as I have 2 other denims of my own to compare.

I agree that it is overpriced for denim. I'd need to see and feel it IRL first to make my decision and even then wait for a sale or discount.

This is not a department store exclusive. It will be released in FP stores next Friday with the new spring Poppy floorset. There are a number of bags that will be available in this pattern.

Glad to hear that there will be more styles in the denim collection because I like the look - hopefully they will be less overpriced.

Hi~
Not exclusive just to Macys. I saw this bag at my Herberger Department store.
Very cute!!! Dark Blue lininig!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

smileglu said:

That bag is to die for I went into Macy's yesterday to buy it. And I was mad that because they were having inventory they couldn't take out any new handbags to sell. I then walked to the actual Coach store to look for that bag. About 30 mins later and $400 short lol I bought something else and forgot to ask about this bag. What a shame...

lexie09 said:
I have known of a few bags just made for department stores. I am a little shocked at the price tag. $358 seems a little high for a non leather glam tote IMHO.

Coach will def make a few handbags only for Macy's and Nordstroms that are different from their styles. Just for those who only shop in those store and never like going into the Coach store

That bag is to die for I went into Macy's yesterday to buy it. And I was mad that because they were having inventory they couldn't take out any new handbags to sell. I then walked to the actual Coach store to look for that bag. About 30 mins later and $400 short lol I bought something else and forgot to ask about this bag. What a shame...

Aw..too bad Macy's wouldn't let you buy it - it's their loss! Hopefully you catch it next time. I'm excited to see it IRL but probably not until 2 weeks from now - no plans to drive to the mall (nearest Macy's to me is a 45 min drive) at the moment.

smileglu said:
Aw..too bad Macy's wouldn't let you buy it - it's their loss! Hopefully you catch it next time. I'm excited to see it IRL but probably not until 2 weeks from now - no plans to drive to the mall (nearest Macy's to me is a 45 min drive) at the moment.

Coach is having there 25% off today
Janur 13 - Jan 22th . See I'm a bit mad being that I love that bag I would have gone back to Coach to buy it. But i know their going to wait till after there 25% off sale. to then release that handbag. Being that this bag cost close to $400! When they do their 25% off this time of the year there trying to get rid of a lot of their winter bag... Sad but I be waiting to see if I see something close to it at the Outlet. I'm not spending so much on this bag.

sashanjshemale said:
Coach is having there 25% off today
Janur 13 - Jan 22th . See I'm a bit mad being that I love that bag I would have gone back to Coach to buy it. But i know their going to wait till after there 25% off sale. to then release that handbag. Being that this bag cost close to $400! When they do their 25% off this time of the year there trying to get rid of a lot of their winter bag... Sad but I be waiting to see if I see something close to it at the Outlet. I'm not spending so much on this bag.

Could you not order it with the PCE?

smileglu said:
I'm curious to the answer as well. Can we order/buy a bag with a PCE that hasn't been released yet at coach.com? 25% off $358 would be nice.

You can certainly order bags that are not on coach.com with pce. I ordered tuberose Lindsey, tuberose Maggie, and amber/bronze Abigail today, with no problems.