Popped into Mulberry today and now I WANT...

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Tried on an Oak Barnaby, an Oak Aston and a Burgandy Large Antony and have decided since Brooke didn't work out as a messenger bag then one of the above is going to be my next purchase (Unless a choc Annie comes up).

Although after seeing Pixie's gunmetal Antony I could easily be persuaded by one of those.

very nice. i do like the burgandy colour on the antony... I think the gunmetal antonys look fab. I missed out on the opportunity for one of those on ebay ages ago and seriously regretted it!

I tried on a Stone Antony at SM last week and it was really nice but I was too worried about colour transfer from my Dark Jeans so I didn't get it.

Has anybody got a Stone one? Does colour transfer happen?

I have a choco Barnaby and I love it. It is my Euro travel bag for when I go to Zurich to visit my brother. It is handsfree, looks great slung cross body and hanging behind me. It is both big enough and small enough for travel, in that you want to have guidebook, camera, water, pashmina, and yet, when it is empty it works too. I think this is an overlooked bag because it is in the men's line.

i tried on the burgundy antony at bond street shop on sat, i never thought this bag would suit me but it does and i want one! but unsure of colour i love both the oak colour and gunmetal colour!! but as i already have oak rosemary, think gunmetal antony is now definitely on my list!! where can i get one? did pixie get hers from an outlet? is the stone colour very similar to gunmetal?

^^ Pixie got hers from a friend. I don't think the gunmetal is anything like stone. I have an oak antony which I bought preowned and it's gone lovely and dark and I love it. Oak is so versatile.

I would like a larger messenger for when I am away for the day and need to be hands free. I loved the burgandy but not sure how wearable it will be in the long run.

I feel another forum obsession coming on..........messenger bags!
I've been madly trying to find a really good vintage one.
Funny how we start liking things at the same time!

^^ yeah it's wierd how we infect each other.

I'm waiting on another strap arriving which should be perfect to carry my rosemary messenger style if I need to. Perhaps I don't need another messenger then, but what the heck...the obsession and hunt has started.