Poorly sewn inner pockets. Not good.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
Does anyone else avoid using the inner pockets on their bag? Since my very first Coach purchase I have avoided using them. I took one look at them and foresaw the stitching popping if I were to put stuff in them and constantly pull it in and out so I to avoid that I simply do not use them.

Well, even though I have have not used them on my Poppy Jazzy the stitching is indeed popped and coming undone on the top in between the two pockets.

They either need to choose stronger thread, stronger fabric for the linings or both. I'm guessing both. And the fact that the bag is Poppy I do not think is relevant either. It appears to me all my Coach bags are lined with similar if not the same quality of fabric.

Very annoying and disappointing!

Anyone else have this issue on any of the pockets in their bags?

I haven't had issues with any of my bags and I have been using Coach for years. I only put my one pack of gum and one lipstick in each of the two pockets now, but a few years ago I would put my cell phone in the bigger of the two pockets. My phone is too big now (upgraded)

Yes, the inner pockets sewn into the lining. I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the stitching popping on any of their bags at all.

I have always been afraid to use them for this reason and now it happens and I haven't even used them! lol

I've had issues with the inner pockets being poorly stitched as well. I always put my cell phone in one pocket and lip balm in the other, nothing else.

I'm having the same problem as you! The threading in between the two pockets have started coming loose in my Op Art Sabrina. I had to do a quick little sewing job to stop it from going any further. It's not the end of the world for me but I've never had this happen with any purse and it's disappointing.

I have to pipe up and say no, not so far. I have owned my Op Art Berry Alexandra for several months, and carry 2 cell phones in the pockets.

on a different note SL and Beril, my little girl just saw your pugs and went awwwwww can you print me a picture of those pugs? we bought her one last year for Christmas, but sadly had to give her away as DH discovered he was terribly allergic. Would either of you be willing to send me your display photos via PM? I completely understand if you are uncomfortable with the request. SL she thinks your Pug is smiling at her!

I've never had an issue with the inner pockets either. I don't use them for much though. Just my car keys in one and chapstick and gum in the other. Maybe that makes a difference? It is a bummer though for you to be having problems with it.

I never have had any problems with the pockets inside of mine...I use them for gum and my cellphone...Sorry to hear you are having problems with yours...You might want to take it to the store you bought it from and see if they'll do anything for you.

never had any issues with any of the inner pockets, including the zippered ones.
i usually keep a bottle of hand sanitizer standing up in one of the pockets, and a compact mirror in the other. No problems in the many years Ive used coach products.

I had the EXACT same issue with my Pop C Jazzy over the summer. I brought it in to the boutique and they immediately replaced it for me. (Fortunately, the bag was still in stores when the stitching came out.) And I really don't even use those pockets. I've not had any issues with the new Jazzy, however, I also have not used it much since it was replaced.

I've never had any trouble and I put tons in mine... Especially with my Brynne.... I don't even think twice about filling them up... I figure that's what they are there for, if something happens it's Coach's problem...