Poor Shipping and a USPS Cheater

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Here is the Ali I got today - package weighed 2 lb, 12 ounces:

Shipped first class, stating 13 ounces in a padded envelope. And the PO wonders why they are losing $$$?

I think they are trying their best to weigh some packages before accepting, but the lines are too long to weigh every pre paid package though. They usually weigh mine once in a while, kind of like a random audit.

BTW, gorgeous bag.

She lied to the post office and stated it weighed 13 ounces when it weighed 2 lb 12 ounces. And she charged me $10. And she put a handbag in a padded envelope.

(not to mention the listing saying it was NWOT)...

mmmsc is shipping spoiled because she ships out lightweight bbags LOL!!
OK I get it now...if you paid $10 you should have gotten priority at least !:P:nuts:but let me add this note. You said you paid $10 for shipping "without insurance." That seller is just plain dumb if she doesn't factor in insurance and signature confirmation into her shipping costs. Because if you had not gotten that package, SHE would have been the one who was out the $$. Because you would have filed a PP "item not received" and she would have absolutely no way to prove she sent it ,not to mention no way to get back her money from post office because of the no insurance. Anyway I am astounded that people still don't get the "optional" insurance snafu - it means nothing. Think of how more furious you would be if you had paid extra for insurance maybe???? Glad the bag did get there, but are you going to return it for SNAD (you said it was NOT actually NWOT as stated)
Looks like a nice bag but of course I haven't inspected it!
By the way I had an Italian seller send me a $1.5K B bag in a paper envelope with no padding once...what a miracle it got here safe and unscathed, but as Adoptastray mentioned, those B bags are pretty darn durable and flexible!!!!! It is one of my most-loved bags:heart:

Last edited:
Hi "M," ^^^ I can top your story! I bought a Pandora bracelet - value was over $5,000 - it was mostly 14K - I paid a little over $2K for it. I paid $30 to $35 for shipping, paying extra for insurance. The bracelet arrived in a little manila envelope - like a 4" by 6" plain manila envelope - inside the envelope was the bracelet wrapped in some excess bubble wrap they had scrounged up. The postage was around $3.00. They didn't insure the package at all!!!! Can you believe that????

To the OP - I'm surprised that the post office didn't charge you for additional postage upon delivery to you! Thank goodness you can leave her a horrible star rating on her Ebay DSRs. I would leave her bad ratings all the way around.

Hi "M," ^^^ I can top your story! I bought a Pandora bracelet - value was over $5,000 - it was mostly 14K - I paid a little over $2K for it. I paid $30 to $35 for shipping, paying extra for insurance. The bracelet arrived in a little manila envelope - like a 4" by 6" plain manila envelope - inside the envelope was the bracelet wrapped in some excess bubble wrap they had scrounged up. The postage was around $3.00. They didn't insure the package at all!!!! Can you believe that????
:wtf::faint:

OP...your bag looks lovely, although you say she stated NWOT...is it a SNAD?

Kat:heart:

Unbelieveable- you know, if that seller kept that up, one day, some buyer at some point claimed item not recieved and hit paydirt.
I can't believe it.....:wtf:

OP, what are you going to do about the bag? Looks pretty from a distance.

I can't top Lovelygarments' story but had something similar happen to me as well - I bought a pair of Jimmy Choo boots and paid $40 for "UPS shipping". The package arrived just wrapped in brown paper (it was actually two brown paper bags they opened up and used to wrap my box), and postage was USPS parcel post at a total wapping cost of $6...