Poor quality Prada saffiano BN1801 bought, seeking for an exchange. Please advise ;(

dreamer86

Jul 10, 2012
Prada truly disappointed me, threw me from heaven to hell!!!! I never expected the quality to be this POOR!!!

Hi all, I got myself 2 prada saffiano BN1801 @ lotte duty free myeongdong Seoul in November 2013, one in nero( black) and another in cammeo. Due to lack of knowledge in prada handbags, I do not know how to check for defects and all. My first purchase on Prada. And I expected such expensive designers handbags must be in perfect condition like LV and Chanel ( seriously I never checked and just take any bags that SA show me, and they are all in GREAT condition), so I didn't carefully check every zipper, try to use on my body or hands or wear across my shoulder or whatsoever. Who knows prada saffiano's straps come in different length?????? right??? So I paid for both bags and left.

Now that I'm back in Malaysia. I noticed my prada in cammeo's strap is longer than the black prada's strap. It's way too long to suit my height. I'm 165cm by the way. When I put it across my shoulder, it touches my butt! way too long to look nice. What the............ Also, the zip isn't smooth, very rough, like those you can get at 30USD at night market kind of zip quality!!!! and those zips don't look straight in a line too. Also, stitching of the handbag is poor. Sides of the lining actually came off a little... like not nicely glued!!! Seriously I never thought Prada would have such bad stitching. OMG I'm afraid people might think it's a fake!!!! damn!

Okay, fine, I thought my black prada would be fine then. But I was wrong! Prada saffiano BN1801 has 2 buttons at the sides of the bags, those buttons are supposed to stay closed even when you wanna take your wallet or stuffs out from your bag. But my bag, one of the buttons isnt working well, everytime when I carry it, it will open by itself although I don't put many stuffs. I havent used it outdoor yet!! I have called prada store Malaysia, they told me to send them for repair, it will take 4 months time. What the. I havent even had the chance to use my handbag and now I have to wait for 4 months for the defects Prada made?

Totally disappointed with Prada. Such expensive price for poor quality.
My first and maybe my last time. I even suspect Lotte Duty Free sells defected items

Does anyone know is there anyway I can exchange one to one in Prada store Malaysia? They told me it's possible to fix the button, but need roughly 4 months time for my bag to be back. Problem is, I'm from Penang. Have to purposely travel down to KL for these defects.

I seriously want to exchange them so badly. Am I able to exchange one to one within a month of my purchase internationally? Btw I bought from Korea, and wanna exchange those bags in Malaysia KLCC or Pavillion. Please kindly advise.

Thank you

It's really pathetic, but in all honesty, most of the fake Saffiano Pradas I've seen are actually better made than the real Pradas.

:true:

I'll be SO THRILLED when people fall out of this crazy Saffiano Trance and start buying other bags by Prada again..... :girlsigh:

Prada truly disappointed me, threw me from heaven to hell!!!! I never expected the quality to be this POOR!!!

Hi all, I got myself 2 prada saffiano BN1801 @ lotte duty free myeongdong Seoul in November 2013, one in nero( black) and another in cammeo. Due to lack of knowledge in prada handbags, I do not know how to check for defects and all. My first purchase on Prada. And I expected such expensive designers handbags must be in perfect condition like LV and Chanel ( seriously I never checked and just take any bags that SA show me, and they are all in GREAT condition), so I didn't carefully check every zipper, try to use on my body or hands or wear across my shoulder or whatsoever. Who knows prada saffiano's straps come in different length?????? right??? So I paid for both bags and left.

Now that I'm back in Malaysia. I noticed my prada in cammeo's strap is longer than the black prada's strap. It's way too long to suit my height. I'm 165cm by the way. When I put it across my shoulder, it touches my butt! way too long to look nice. What the............ Also, the zip isn't smooth, very rough, like those you can get at 30USD at night market kind of zip quality!!!! and those zips don't look straight in a line too. Also, stitching of the handbag is poor. Sides of the lining actually came off a little... like not nicely glued!!! Seriously I never thought Prada would have such bad stitching. OMG I'm afraid people might think it's a fake!!!! damn!

Okay, fine, I thought my black prada would be fine then. But I was wrong! Prada saffiano BN1801 has 2 buttons at the sides of the bags, those buttons are supposed to stay closed even when you wanna take your wallet or stuffs out from your bag. But my bag, one of the buttons isnt working well, everytime when I carry it, it will open by itself although I don't put many stuffs. I havent used it outdoor yet!! I have called prada store Malaysia, they told me to send them for repair, it will take 4 months time. What the. I havent even had the chance to use my handbag and now I have to wait for 4 months for the defects Prada made?

Totally disappointed with Prada. Such expensive price for poor quality.
My first and maybe my last time. I even suspect Lotte Duty Free sells defected items

Does anyone know is there anyway I can exchange one to one in Prada store Malaysia? They told me it's possible to fix the button, but need roughly 4 months time for my bag to be back. Problem is, I'm from Penang. Have to purposely travel down to KL for these defects.

I seriously want to exchange them so badly. Am I able to exchange one to one within a month of my purchase internationally? Btw I bought from Korea, and wanna exchange those bags in Malaysia KLCC or Pavillion. Please kindly advise.

Thank you
i am so sorry about what has happened

i'm not sure about the laws and rights of consumers in your country, but i would suggest you find out asap. while the store manager might argue with you, if you can cite legislation which protects you they will have no choice.

you deserve to receive a refund or a brand new bag your unused bag was bought defective. 4 months waiting is ridiculous. as for the strap length, that sounds like a defect too. they are all made to the same length and if you bought a bag knowing the strap length and got something different, what you paid for doesn't meet customer expectations and deserve a refund/new bag too.

lol seriously stop. unless you're admitting to using fakes you are just talking nonsense.

I'm serious as a heart attack. I see enough griping and complaining about the horrible quality of saffiano bags on this forum to stand by my comment. I spend a lot of time authenticating this endless parade of Saffiano bags, both fake and real. I know what I'm talking about.

If you'd like to continue talking your Junior High School trash talk (re: "unless you're admitting to using fakes"), you'll be talking to yourself.... My reputation on tPF is spotless.

It's really pathetic, but in all honesty, most of the fake Saffiano Pradas I've seen are actually better made than the real Pradas.

:true:

I'll be SO THRILLED when people fall out of this crazy Saffiano Trance and start buying other bags by Prada again..... :girlsigh:

:ty:

lol seriously stop. unless you're admitting to using fakes you are just talking nonsense.

No, dearie..........you are the one talking nonsense here. You first arrived in this forum a mere 18 months ago. PP has been here for years and has helped thousands of posters during that time in the AT thread. A lot of us 'older' posters left the forum when it became overrun with newbies who only want to post about the Saffiano totes.

I'm serious as a heart attack. I see enough griping and complaining about the horrible quality of saffiano bags on this forum to stand by my comment. I spend a lot of time authenticating this endless parade of Saffiano bags, both fake and real. I know what I'm talking about.

If you'd like to continue talking your Junior High School trash talk (re: "unless you're admitting to using fakes"), you'll be talking to yourself.... My reputation on tPF is spotless.

And yet, surprise surprise here is yet another thread bemoaning the quality of the Saffiano totes.
I am puzzled that anyone would just jump into a different designer's products without doing their due diligence. When I thought I was interested in Bal bags I hung out in that forum and did my homework. Turns out that those bags were not the ones for me. I found a home instead with Alexander Wang,
There are plenty of threads/posts about the horrors of the Saffiano totes and it is too bad that the OP didn't come here first before making her purchases. There is also a thread or two about Prada's terrible customer service, especially when it comes to repairs and returns.
I have no experience with Lotte but hopefully someone will come along who does.
Good luck, OP.

:ty:

No, dearie..........you are the one talking nonsense here. You first arrived in this forum a mere 18 months ago. PP has been here for years and has helped thousands of posters during that time in the AT thread. A lot of us 'older' posters left the forum when it became overrun with newbies who only want to post about the Saffiano totes.

And yet, surprise surprise here is yet another thread bemoaning the quality of the Saffiano totes.
I am puzzled that anyone would just jump into a different designer's products without doing their due diligence. When I thought I was interested in Bal bags I hung out in that forum and did my homework. Turns out that those bags were not the ones for me. I found a home instead with Alexander Wang,
There are plenty of threads/posts about the horrors of the Saffiano totes and it is too bad that the OP didn't come here first before making her purchases. There is also a thread or two about Prada's terrible customer service, especially when it comes to repairs and returns.
I have no experience with Lotte but hopefully someone will come along who does.
Good luck, OP.

Thats very well said!!
Im not familiar with Prada as well and was considering getting a Saffiano BN1801 before. Im glad TPF is around so that i can read and get more info on this particular range before taking the plunge. Prada bags are not that affordable afterall :thinking:

After reading all posts about complaints on defects and lousy quality, i decided to stay away no matter how bad i wish to own one prada. Thats too much to bear, be it money issue or mentally (will go crazy if im going to converse with Prada staff to & fro about exchanging or repairing etc)
So i strongly believe in what PP has mentioned....

I believe an exchange for a new bag is possible since OP has just bought a month ago?
It is up to Prada if they are allowed (willing??) to even go beyond what they can do to help a frustrating customer.

It's strange I keep looking at the saffiano online, then coming on this forum an being put off.

I discovered there new green saffiano last night, once again fell head over hills. I then visit my trusty purse forum and my dreams are smashed.. No matter how much I love the design, I'll have to reframe from buying one.

It's strange as I watched a YouTube video several months back of a girl who purchased one. She checked it throughout in the store and it seemed ok, but when she got home there was an issue with the stitching inside coming undone.
Having said that none of my bags are 'perfect' be it Chanel or Dior, both have issues. However some issues you can live with. The thing is nothing is perfect, an if you over analyse something you will find fault. But what puts me off a prada isn't the supposed quality decline, but the bad customer service once there is an issue.

Reactions: EmNYC
Has anyone had good experience with the Prada store? I have BN1801, got it at OffSaks and it was not returnable. I have the same button popping and zipper quality issue (in essence i need to use wax paper every time i pull it out to look at it. I have yet to use it in public.