Poor Quality on Damier Graphite Jorn (Used Few Hours!) - Has this happened to you ??

senocs

O.G.
May 26, 2009
Dear all,

I recently purchased a Damier Graphite Jorn.

After only using it 1 time (a few hours), to my horror, I noticed that on the leather trimmings (2 strips down each side of the bag), the top layer had started to peel off !!

For owners of the damier graphite jorn or the porte documents voyage (in damier ebene or monogram macassar), has this happened to you ?

I'm shocked! I had only used it for a few hours. And it was impossible to return or exchange as it was beyond the exchange period.

any advice please ?

If it is defective they will exchange it, or fix it for you, even if it is past the period of exchange. I recently took in a bag that the leather was cracking on, and they gave me new handles free of charge even though I had had the bag for over a year. Take it back to the store.

Please advise what you did etc any advice ?? thanks.

I bought this bag in the middle of July and after one month of usage i noticed that the leather had peeled of .The peeling wasn't serious and it didn't bother me at all so i kept the bag as it was.Now after 5 months of every day usage (i use it at school) it hasn't gotten worse and it doesn't peel anymore.
If it gets worse with the future usage i will take it back.

If it bothers you i think that it would be better for you to take it back to the LV store and ask for a new one.

Can you post any pic ?

dear all, please see below pictures I attached of the damage! Just after a few hours use. As you can see, the leather strips on the canvas appear to be coated leather, and the top coating has peeled off and appears 'wavy'. On another area near the silver hardwarfe, it's worse, the top coating has worn off.

Attachments

• IMG_1496-sm.JPG
    IMG_1496-sm.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_1497-sm.JPG
    IMG_1497-sm.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1498-sm.JPG
    IMG_1498-sm.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1501-sm.JPG
    IMG_1501-sm.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
I bought this bag in the middle of July and after one month of usage i noticed that the leather had peeled of .The peeling wasn't serious and it didn't bother me at all so i kept the bag as it was.Now after 5 months of every day usage (i use it at school) it hasn't gotten worse and it doesn't peel anymore.
If it gets worse with the future usage i will take it back.

If it bothers you i think that it would be better for you to take it back to the LV store and ask for a new one.

Can you post any pic ?

Thanks for your explanation, I added some pics. If possible, can you take and post some pics of your own damage ?

dear all, please see below pictures I attached of the damage! Just after a few hours use. As you can see, the leather strips on the canvas appear to be coated leather, and the top coating has peeled off and appears 'wavy'. On another area near the silver hardwarfe, it's worse, the top coating has worn off.

OMG it is awful !!! It looks defective . YOU SHOULD TAKE IT BACK

My nephew has both the Jorn and the Daniel GM, among other Damier Graphite pieces, and has not had problems with either.

We both suggest that you take yours back to the store, as others have suggested. LV should either send it in for repair or just replace it. I'm guessing they'll do the former. Good luck!

LoVickstein444