Poor quality and thinner leather of caviar now!! Still buy Caviar or not???

yuyatlong1888

Aug 29, 2010
I just use one of this 11A dark blue jumbo caviar!! But have crease on the back of the bag!!!!! Really Poorer quality and thinner leather than before ! Thinking to continue to buy caviar or not!!!!

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,584
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,593
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,780
mine dont have crease but i feel the leather still need extra care...
i used to have my lv all the time without any caring
first chanel just make me like a baby sitter

I just use one of this 11A dark blue jumbo caviar!! But have crease on the back of the bag!!!!! Really Poorer quality and thinner leather than before ! Thinking to continue to buy caviar or not!!!!

All leather will crease in that area. Earlier caviar was stiff as a board, that's simply not for everyone. I think any bag that shows a little use, is even more beautiful then the perfectly, stiff, plastic look.

to me there is a huugeee difference between old and new caviar...i love the old one that at my opinion is higher quality than new ones, i was at saks lately looking at new black caviar and compared to mine wow they feel but also LOOK different, less luxurious! i think now a days better to go to vintage , i have a vintage mini of 1984 and the outside lamb seems indestructible, still puffy!

I have the same 11A navy blue jumbo and the material is definitely softer compared to the black medium flap which I bought in June this year.

However, I'm not sure if it's because of a "drop in quality" or because the navy blue is a seasonal color, hence the softer caviar. There is also no sewing around the edges of the navy blue bag, unlike the classic black and beige claire colors.

to me there is a huugeee difference between old and new caviar...i love the old one that at my opinion is higher quality than new ones, i was at saks lately looking at new black caviar and compared to mine wow they feel but also LOOK different, less luxurious! i think now a days better to go to vintage , i have a vintage mini of 1984 and the outside lamb seems indestructible, still puffy!
I agree, the old caviar is better than nowadays!! So I still keep the old caviar bag!!!:search:

I have the same 11A navy blue jumbo and the material is definitely softer compared to the black medium flap which I bought in June this year.

However, I'm not sure if it's because of a "drop in quality" or because the navy blue is a seasonal color, hence the softer caviar. There is also no sewing around the edges of the navy blue bag, unlike the classic black and beige claire colors.

Yes, the leather of black caviar bag (red inner flap and double flap) is better than coloured one (double flap), so I keep one set......

I have compared the 09A burgundy (single flap) and 11A burgundy (double flap), wowow.....the leather is so different!!!!!!! 09A one is much more resistant than 11A.
That's why I still keep the old caviar bag.

Attachments

• photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,547
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,510
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,575
Last edited:

After reading your messages, I have check my caviar jumbo on hand. Yes, there is no sewing for my navy blue, green and burgundy. And the leather really softer than my beige and black one.
Oh!!!! Thanks!!! So much!!!!:tup: I just noticed that there is no sewing for the seasonal colour caviar !!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • green6.jpg
    green6.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,448
Hi! I bought a jumbo black caviar flap last monday. 2011 caviar is not as beautiful as that one of my '09 m/l flap, but it's better than 2010 caviar. IMO it's stiffer and more structured.

I definitely agree with the majority of the posters. I bought a large number of my bags in 05 to 09 and am lucky now to buy 1 a year. I prefer the stiffer more structured caviar and my 05 looks better than the newer ones even though it is aged. It is definitely personal preference.

hi! is the caviar leather on bags from around 1995-1997 very stiff? i have my eye on a a black caviar flap bag that is from that time period and am hoping the leather doesn't feel too stiff.