Poor Poppy

LovinMyMulberry

NotLovinMulberry....
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
I took my lovely darling black Poppy into the Glasgow Mulberry store today, as the inking problem has gotten worse over the last few weeks. The inking on the handles looks stringy & it is now starting to come away on the inside compartments of the bag too :sad:

Anyway, the lovely SA (Hello Robert!!!) said he would send the bag back to SM tomorrow, but said that as it is now the third time it has been back with the same problem, they will probably just refund me or give me a credit note for the bag.

I just about fainted on the spot, but he assured me that they would let me keep the bag anyway. Phew! :nuts:

I also mentioned that some of the silver hardware on the bag had been going a funny colour .. he & the other SA both looked at it & he said that it is the silver colour rubbing off & no way should it happen after less than a year, so he is going to mention that when it gets sent off.

I showed him a similar problem on my Mabel purse too ... the gold hardware is starting to look "silvery" in parts, so he said we can get that sorted out too.

Its so nice that they have such wonderful, helpful staff at Mulberry (tho did tell him about the idiot that spoke to me in the Knightsbridge shop!!) ... it makes any problems a whole lot less stressful.

Fingers crossed that Poppy will have a safe trip & that I should hear by the end of the week what is going to happen to her.

My poor little (or not so little!) Poppy ... *sigh*

Aww hope it gets sorted out! I have to admit I'm starting to really love the poppy style, it looks sooo classy and easy to wear....hope you hear back soon about poppy's fate!

Even though I have had "issues" with Poppy, I would recommend it to anyone!! I love love love it .. but I think you probably worked that one out already :lol:

Mine is the largest Poppy ... I dont think I could get away with the others, not with my tree trunk arms!! I love the pink suede one they have out just now though.

Robert was talking today about having been to SM last week .. & he saw the Selfridges Ltd Ed yellow bags & said they were stunning. Im sure he said that only 50 of them were being made, with Happy Birthday Selfridges being printed inside .. or something along those lines.

They were saying that some of the new styles & colours that are due to come out are stunning!!

I hope they can sort it out for you, poor poopy :flowers:.

It good to see that their staff are so helpfull, it says alot about the bag.

LoveMyMulberry may I ask what the issue is with the silver hardwear coming off, I don't like the sound of that...:confused1:

MissDee

Thanks ladies ... I am hoping she will be back soon, although I am not entirely sure if they will be able to sort the inking out or not. Maybe it is a case of third time lucky!! :lol:

MissDee - the problem with the hardware on my Poppy is this. It is coated copper (apparently!) & the coating is the silver that you see on the black Poppy bags. The coating has come away slightly - almost as though it has rubbed away with use. The SA today said that it def shouldnt have happened in less than a year - maybe a few years down the line .. so I dont think it is something that they come across very often!

I had originally thought that perhaps they had just become "dirty" & was enquiring about what to use to clean them, but he checked & its the coating that has come away :sad:

The customer service sounds fab, it would be great if they allowed you to keep the bag if its unrepairable, plus a credit note/refund. Fingers crossed they can do something for you and she comes back a-ok though!

The Glasgow store is (mostly!) FAB for customer service. I did have a wee glitch last year, which I wont go into, but I very nearly lost the rag.

They are ULTRA lovely now though .. so pleased :woohoo:

So LMM, if you have to have a credit note, what bag will you get?

I really have no idea. I was thinking about maybe using some of it to get something for my sister's 40th. Bit cheeky of me, but needs must :lol:

Otherwise, the bags I would quite like are: stone or black E/W Maggie, A4 Roxy Tote, Maxi Mabel in whatever colour I lust after that particular day :lol:

Might need to make a trip to SM ;)

Thanks ladies ... I am hoping she will be back soon, although I am not entirely sure if they will be able to sort the inking out or not. Maybe it is a case of third time lucky!! :lol:

MissDee - the problem with the hardware on my Poppy is this. It is coated copper (apparently!) & the coating is the silver that you see on the black Poppy bags. The coating has come away slightly - almost as though it has rubbed away with use. The SA today said that it def shouldnt have happened in less than a year - maybe a few years down the line .. so I dont think it is something that they come across very often!

I had originally thought that perhaps they had just become "dirty" & was enquiring about what to use to clean them, but he checked & its the coating that has come away :sad:

Thank you for the response, I will be checking the silver hardwear on my bags and the poppy I want to get.

I really do hope it all gets sorted out for you soon.

MissDee