Poor Poppy

Sorry to drag up such an old thread - but I just spoke to the SA in Glasgow - they tried to call me while I was in NYC but I couldnt pick up the message & never quite got around to calling them - it was always too late by the time I realised.

Poppy hasnt been returned to the store - they want to give me a full credit but dont want to return the bag to me. Its either get back a bag they cant/wont fix or get the credit.

Those of you who "know" me, know that Poppy is my fave bag EVER ... I dont know what to do.

Im sooo very tired - didnt sleep at all on the flight to London or the flight up from London to Glasgow (surrounded by the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd!!) .. so maybe I will make more sense of things when I get some rest!

Booo hissss though!! Id expect that kind of thing from Top Shop - not Mulberry!! :sad:

Can't they find you a replacement???

I'm just at a loss as to why the re-inking isn't working. Is it just on the handles or elsewhere on the bag? I'd insist on having the bag back and a credit- tell them it has sentimental value even if it's not repairable.

LMM what a shame - I really hope they can sort something else for you, good idea to stress the sentimental value. What else would they do with it? To me, you may as well be 'allowed' to keep it :confused1:

Sorry to drag up such an old thread - but I just spoke to the SA in Glasgow - they tried to call me while I was in NYC but I couldnt pick up the message & never quite got around to calling them - it was always too late by the time I realised.

Poppy hasnt been returned to the store - they want to give me a full credit but dont want to return the bag to me. Its either get back a bag they cant/wont fix or get the credit.

Those of you who "know" me, know that Poppy is my fave bag EVER ... I dont know what to do.

Im sooo very tired - didnt sleep at all on the flight to London or the flight up from London to Glasgow (surrounded by the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd!!) .. so maybe I will make more sense of things when I get some rest!

Booo hissss though!! Id expect that kind of thing from Top Shop - not Mulberry!! :sad:

Hey I thought you were going for a sleep:P!!!

And welcome back!:biggrin:

Think you should def get some rest before deciding, things always seem more confusing when youre knackered. Poppy is a lovely bag.........is there no way you could express your dissapointment to them and see if you could get your bag back + half the original value on a credit note as its not really usuable? Really sucks though xx

Can't they find you a replacement???

I'm just at a loss as to why the re-inking isn't working. Is it just on the handles or elsewhere on the bag? I'd insist on having the bag back and a credit- tell them it has sentimental value even if it's not repairable.

They have never offered a replacement to be honest - just fixing, but this is the third time now & they now say they cant fix it. The inking was coming off in the inside compartments now too.

I dont know why - its happened with both my Poppy & Poppy satchel .. & now my Mabel is having the same issue :sad: I dont want them thinking Im doing it deliberately or something. I just "CARRY" my bags .... I dont abuse them at all!!

I'll see what they say when they call me back!

LMM what a shame - I really hope they can sort something else for you, good idea to stress the sentimental value. What else would they do with it? To me, you may as well be 'allowed' to keep it :confused1:

Oh they know how much I love my Poppy. Im sure they think I am deranged you know :lol:

I guess they would just scrap her *eeeeeek* as she has been used - but not THAT much that she should fall apart several times in less than a year :sad:

Hey I thought you were going for a sleep:P!!!

And welcome back!:biggrin:

Think you should def get some rest before deciding, things always seem more confusing when youre knackered. Poppy is a lovely bag.........is there no way you could express your dissapointment to them and see if you could get your bag back + half the original value on a credit note as its not really usuable? Really sucks though xx

I WAS going for a sleep, but then I figured I should try to stay up a bit longer - at least a little closer to bedtime anyway, then I can go to bed & have a proper night's sleep, rather than wake up at 10pm & be up all night! Im sitting on the comp (not literally!!) to keep me amused - Id fall asleep if I did anything else.

I think they know Im upset about the bag - its the second Poppy & I told them today about my Mabel too. Ive also had issues with my Mabel purse - Im really starting to wonder if Im going to have problems with every bloomin bag I buy from them.

Its a shame, as I was so close to buying a Mitzy .. but now I think I might hold off for a while to see if they can sort this out for me.

Im really quite disappointed in Mulberry ... :sad:

Oh they know how much I love my Poppy. Im sure they think I am deranged you know :lol:

I guess they would just scrap her *eeeeeek* as she has been used - but not THAT much that she should fall apart several times in less than a year :sad:

Well at least we understand and can fully sympathise!! :biggrin:

Hmmm it's a tricky one from their point of view as I suppose they don't want anyone seeing a broken Poppy and thinking that Mulberry standards have gone down or whatever. Perhaps you could stress that you are a tpfer and therefore have a large audience to vent your frustration to...:P

Well at least we understand and can fully sympathise!! :biggrin:

Hmmm it's a tricky one from their point of view as I suppose they don't want anyone seeing a broken Poppy and thinking that Mulberry standards have gone down or whatever. Perhaps you could stress that you are a tpfer and therefore have a large audience to vent your frustration to...:P

:lol:

I know the SA's can only do so much & I do feel bad for going on about it to them - but Im in no way rich & Mulberry bags are quite an expense for me (as they are for the majority of us of course!). I dont see why I should pay so much for such shoddy goods.

I think if the Glasgow store dont have the power to offer me a resolution, then I might have to take it to the head office.

Have to stick up for myself sometimes ... !!

^Absolutely! My Dad is always writing to head offices and MDs when he has problems and they have always been able to make exceptions from their usual policy - e.g. dell laptop screen broke, Dad wrote to the MD and miraculously they sent an engineer to replace it. Their website says: absolutely nothing they can do!!

LMM , don't make any decisions getting off a red eye . Leave it a few days before you make your mind up . If you can't do with out PS then I would just ask for her back and maybe some sort of credit note for the inconvenience . However maybe it's worth getting your money back and looking at the outlets for a new one .
Welcome back btw , hope you had a great trip . You're doing the right thing staying up until proper bedtime .
Let us know what they say .

Do hope your Poppy won't be away from you for too long and that she can be made better. Sounds good that you will be able to keep her if there's not alot more they can do. I'm also concerned about the silver hardware problem, and the gold too for that matter. Keep us posted on that one please.

Thanks - had a lovely time & I am now ridiculously tired.

I didnt sleep at all on the flight from NY to LHR - was busting for a wee but I was at the bulkhead window seat & had a real cowbag next to me - then a poor woman on her own with her baby who had him in the bassinet - I didnt have the heart to ask her to move him .. so I couldnt sleep. Managed to watch Bride Wars, some other film with Emma Thompson & Dustin Hoffman in .. maybe Last Chance Harvey (!!??) & played endless solitaire! Almost flew out the seat over the other passengers when we landed :lol:

Anyway - I will see what they say - I did tell them I would be sleeping today (whoops) & that they should call me in the next day or so or that I would pop in. Sadly the lovely SA is off this week ... so I fear I may not get too far, as he has been dealing with the whole silly palava!!

No decisions from me today - Im surprised I can even string a sentence together on here. Please forgive me all the typos that I am probably making ... although I do promise never to say PACIFIC instead of specific! ARGH!! :nuts:

Welcome back LMM! :biggrin: Hope you had a fantastic trip!

So sorry to hear about your Poppy's outcome. If I really, really loved a bag as much as you love Poppy and was told I couldn't have it back, I'd probably have a tantrum! I agree with Daisy, surely they can just give Poppy back to you along with a credit note for half the original value. That seems fair to me.

Now GO TO SLEEP!!!!