Poor Experiences with "Nice" Stores

soonergirl

O.G.
Aug 29, 2012
First, I ordered this whiplash rivets saddle bag from Bloomingdales. I don't know where they got this bag but it had been used - heavily. No tags or wrapping, the hardware was all beat up with the finish flaking off the buckles and there was actually a painted(?) spot on the strap.

Then, Saks has this solid color beechwood Rogue 25 on their site, and when I received it, it turned out to be the colorblock one!

Right back they went! Maybe fate is trying to tell me to stop shopping!!

:sad: :confused1: :annoyed:

JPEG image-E0367B5F8BCA-1.png

Rogue.png

It is always a risk ordering online or over the phone. Anyone who has done either/both has likely experienced what you have- and sometimes it happens all at once. It is for this reason, unless I absolutely have to have something that is not available locally, I do not buy retail this way. I much prefer to inspect for myself before spending my hard-earned money. But sometimes you do not have a choice.
At least you purchased from good stores with fair return policies. Not all "nice" and "high end" retail stores are as liberal with returns. But that may also help reduce return fraud which does sadly happen as is evident with the Bloomies bag.

Unfortunate on the saddle bag! For the Rogue, the stock photos are wrong so often. I don't believe that there is a solid beechwood Rogue, just the colorblock one. Even the stock photos on Coach's site are often wrong. I believe they still show the olive Rogue as all olive, when in fact it has black handles. Very frustrating, particularly when you actually love the bag based on photos but that bag may not actually exist!

Here in the UK a lot of our dept stores are closing and laying off staff as so many are switching to Internet shopping - dept stores now offer beauty spas and yoga classes rather than selling I hardly ever go to stores now but I love shopping

Here in the UK a lot of our dept stores are closing and laying off staff as so many are switching to Internet shopping - dept stores now offer beauty spas and yoga classes rather than selling I hardly ever go to stores now but I love shopping

I live in the U.K. too. Not happy with the clothes in the stores, not much selection and quality is usually bad. My city keeps building more malls but it's the same stupid stores again. How many Next or H+M stores do you need in a city!?

Reactions: elvisfan4life
First, I ordered this whiplash rivets saddle bag from Bloomingdales. I don't know where they got this bag but it had been used - heavily. No tags or wrapping, the hardware was all beat up with the finish flaking off the buckles and there was actually a painted(?) spot on the strap.

Then, Saks has this solid color beechwood Rogue 25 on their site, and when I received it, it turned out to be the colorblock one!

Right back they went! Maybe fate is trying to tell me to stop shopping!!

:sad: :confused1: :annoyed:

View attachment 3673330

View attachment 3673331
I think Fate is telling you to stop shopping online. I have never purchased a bag online for all of the above reasons, plus the aggravation of having to ship items back. Not worth the time or effort.

Reactions: soonergirl
Even Coach gets their pictures wrong sometimes, so I don't think it's limited to department store sites. :sad: That turnlock saddle bag with the chain on the front was shown as having gunmetal hardware instead of BRASS. :confused1: They eventually fixed it, but the hardware made the difference between purchasing and not purchasing for me.

Even Coach gets their pictures wrong sometimes, so I don't think it's limited to department store sites. :sad: That turnlock saddle bag with the chain on the front was shown as having gunmetal hardware instead of BRASS. :confused1: They eventually fixed it, but the hardware made the difference between purchasing and not purchasing for me.
What about their keychains and purse charms? Look how often the stock photo and the real thing is different. Sometimes it's just hardware color changes, but other times they've changed the fobs too. The Baseman fobs had many details changed, some people didn't notice it right off, but it was obvious to me.

As someone whose career is based on making sure an organization upholds good customer service and has a good public image, it really just makes me sad that we aren't surprised by misrepresentation and/or poor service. It's considered regular or even normal.

The return to Bloomingdales was easy but Saks is turning out to be horrible. I called yesterday to make sure that if I used their included USPS return label that shipping wouldn't be deducted from my refund. They said not to use it and that FedEx would pick up the package from my office before 4:30 p.m. (yesterday). It's after 2 p.m. the following day and they still have not picked it up. I used the online chat to inquire with Saks and they said FedEx would be here by 8 p.m. tonight. Well, they're coming to my office and we close at 4 p.m. I'm traveling next week so have to get it done today.

Saks solution was to leave the box outside!!!

It took pages of chat with them telling me there was nothing they could do before I finally got them to agree that if FedEx isn't here by 4 then I'll use the included USPS label and they'll waive the shipping fee. It's absolutely ridiculous how much time it took to even get them to agree to that. But, I'm stubborn enough to stick with it.

I won't buy from them again.

Reactions: Hobbsy
Sorry to hear about your online Purchases. So frustrating that you are expecting a nice and perfect Brand New bag and you get a not so nice bag. I don't like to order online if I can help it. I like to see it in person and then decide. I do know that sometimes you can't do that.
When the Rogue first came out, I went to my closest Retail store hoping that they would have it. They didn't and the ASM ordered it for me. I got the Oxblood one and was some what disappointed that the handles were black and the hang tag was black.
On Coach.Com, The stock photos showed the bag and handles all the same color. I called Coach to inquire about the difference between the photos and the real life bag. I didn't get a very clear reason. :sad:
I think some of the Department stores have used stock photos from Coach.
I think both Coach and Dept.stores should post better photos and true one sine we do pay good $$$ for our bags.

Lynne :biggrin:

As someone whose career is based on making sure an organization upholds good customer service and has a good public image, it really just makes me sad that we aren't surprised by misrepresentation and/or poor service. It's considered regular or even normal.

The return to Bloomingdales was easy but Saks is turning out to be horrible. I called yesterday to make sure that if I used their included USPS return label that shipping wouldn't be deducted from my refund. They said not to use it and that FedEx would pick up the package from my office before 4:30 p.m. (yesterday). It's after 2 p.m. the following day and they still have not picked it up. I used the online chat to inquire with Saks and they said FedEx would be here by 8 p.m. tonight. Well, they're coming to my office and we close at 4 p.m. I'm traveling next week so have to get it done today.

Saks solution was to leave the box outside!!!

It took pages of chat with them telling me there was nothing they could do before I finally got them to agree that if FedEx isn't here by 4 then I'll use the included USPS label and they'll waive the shipping fee. It's absolutely ridiculous how much time it took to even get them to agree to that. But, I'm stubborn enough to stick with it.

I won't buy from them again.
I agree with you 1000%. I had the same job and we worked our behinds off to be the best in our business. Crappy CS makes me angry.