Poor Customer Service at Bluefly.....

Ms.Lizardo

Feb 10, 2007
I have bought many bags at bluefly and I was totally stunned today when I noticed that the bag (one of two) I bought 5 days ago is now 25% off instead of 20%.

Figuring no big deal I called Bluefly and asked for a price adjustment.

I was uterly shocked that they told me they wouldn't refund the difference. They told me because I had used a promotion code that it would be discounted too heavily with the additional 5% taken off. I asked them what would the difference be if I used the code today to buy the same bag at 25% sale instead of 20% sale. The rep told me "Well you can only use the promotional code once, and you already used it, so you couldn't use it today." Duh....I don't think she got what I was saying!

I told her she was missing the point, and that I have bought lots of bags there and never would have dreamed that they would be so uncooperative in crediting me the $18.00. I have never asked for anything from them before.

The money isn't the deal. I am just shocked that even a supervisor wasn't able to be reasoned with. They kept sticking on the damn coupon code not being able to be reused, when the fact is the original price is now 5% less than what I paid. At first they tried to say "Oh the bag isn't available." Then I informed her I was staring at one in my cart as we spoke. So then the reason they couldn't do it changed. I couldn't reason with them at all!

So....I figure a letter to the CEO is in order to explain why not receiving a credit for this 18.00 is more than likely going to result in a much bigger loss to their company in the long run.

I certainly will not be returning to Bluefly anytime soon. Trust me 18.00 is no big deal, but it's just the pincipal of the manner......Bluefly sucks! :tdown:

I have mixed feelings about Bluefly Customer Service. I felt absolutely glowing about them when placing an order for 2 bags several weeks ago. They were very cooperative with giving me free shipping plus an additional discount (I had a code for it) on top of sale prices. The CS rep seemed to bend over backwards to help me. All was going smoothly.

One of the bags I received came severely 'wrinkled' and had a gummy substance on the side of it. I called CS and they agreed to have me send it back and they would cover return shipping. Then when I got the credit I noticed they had taken out return shipping. So I had to call them and have the additional amount refunded as well.

Now I have the 2nd bag which I decide not to keep - so I send it back using my own postage. They still deduct return shipping. So now I've got to email them again and have that amount refunded as well.

Then, when I started adding things up I realized I was still about $5 dollars short of what should have been refunded. So yet another email - they apologize and say they accidentally took more shipping away from my return that they should have ($7.95 rather than $6.95). So - they credit me $2 for both orders.

When all is said and done I still think I am $1 short from what I should have been credited - I think they made an error in the price of the first bag. But at that point I'd had enough and I'm not going to go through the hassle to email them for $1.

I got most all my money back for both bags, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again, they can't seem to get their act together.

Linda

The one thing I cant stand about blue fly is that they deduct money from any returns. I am not sure how it works. But its like I double pay for shipping. I can't explain it. But, they have also been great at contacting me when they receive returns and so forth, and the live chat.

I noticed that...one bag I returned had a free shipping code and I got charged....I guess it all adds up.

Now on a better note Bloomingdales just credited my account $160.00 for a Botkier Sasha Duffle I purchased that is now on sale at their brown bag event at 30% off the sale price I bought at......and Bluefly balks at $18?

Yeah I was pretty unhappy when I recieved a bag that I ordered from them that had ink stains that looked like someone had tried to remove them unsucessfully, plus it had stains on the bag where the cleaner from trying to remove the ink stains had oversprayed. Also, all of the pieces of leather were severely mismatched. When I called customer service they of course denied selling merchandise that had already been used. I'm not really ok with them advertising their products as though they are new, when in fact a lot of them aren't. If they are going to be in the business of selling high priced merchandise, maybe they should spend the extra money and hire some competant people in their returns dept who know how to fully inspect returns upon their arrival instead of just taking back whatever comes in and then chunking it back into inventory only for it to be sent back out to some poor person like me. Sorry, I know that is totally unrelated to your problem with Bluefly, but I just had to let you know I share your aggravation with that company.

I haven't had good luck with customer service at Bluefly either. I ordered a pair of shoes once and they sent me the wrong pair of shoes. When I called customer service they told me I could pay to return them if I didn't like them. Umm, you sent me the wrong shoes and I have to pay to return them?! After several attempts at getting a supervisor on the phone, I finally got them to agree to pay for the return shipping. I will never order from them again.

It's a 50/50 with me and Bluefly. Half the time I get great impeccably wrapped bags and the other time I get a Balled up wrinkled 1400.00 Chloe and a refund that takes me 2 1/2 months to get back after 3-4 phone calls. It's a crapshoot with them.
And One time I called them with a code I forgot to add and they added it with no fuss and was very amicable. So.....it's a Buyer Beware and you might get a steal of a deal.

I hate the fact that they inflate the price of a bag when a big sale is going on. They had a Kooba on there listed retail was 695.00 when I personally bought the bag at full price new for 485.00

^^^^ Now there's a class act....Luna Boston

Lexie you are soooo right. I have noticed that when I get an email about further markdowns the bag is still the same price even though it showed less expensive before. Guess they change them to coincide with sales.

Now if I received a balled up $1400 Chloe bag I would have had smoke coming out of my ears! That's just not right! Glad you finally got your money back Lexie.

I order DBF a pair of Gucci gloves from them. I followed their sizing information. I got the gloves and they were WAY too small. They fit my hands! I returned them. That part was easy. However, they were so darn slow about crediting my account! It took me forever to get a refund.

Oh, Ms.Liz, that totally stinks! I am so sorry they will lose a great customer over a measley $18!!!!
I bought an LP clutch from them about a month ago at one price, the next day it was on sale, and I called them and they credited my cc for the difference of $12.70 (so I am not sure why they wouldn't do it for you, although I did not use a coupon code for the original purchase).
The clutch came and it was defective, I called them and they sent out a new one, again which was defective.
I figured 'third times a charm', had them send me a THIRD clutch, which turned out to be the worst one yet.
So I said no more clutches; I am done with this.
Oddly enough, the original purchase price charge for the clutch was $119.00 on my CC.
When it went on sale, they credited my charge card $12.70, bringing my total for the bag to $106.30.
Then when all the bags got returned a random credit showed up on my cc for $8.00. I called and asked what that was, they said "it was a mistake credit, don't worry about it" and they left it (which brings my bag down to $98.30 that I paid).
Then the full credit for my bag showed up on my cc for $134.94!!! WTH???
So obviously they have some errors in their system, some in favor of the customer.
I am so sorry for your CS trouble!
I have to say this was the FIRST time I have bought a bag from Bluefly, and for me the CS was great, but the original bag and it's 2 replacements were terrible!
I am kindof convinced they may get some "leftover" defective bags to sell.
I don't think I will be buying from them again, not because of their CS, but because of the lack of quality in their bags.

WOW Coop......I want the person that did the math for your refund and just get the 18.00 that way..LOL

(personally I think little Coop :heart: can count better than that...)

On the bright side the LP black piper weekender came and was in *perfect* condition.....I used this leather conditioner everyone raves about called "CPR" prior to the ritual 3 coats of Wilson's spray, and if you can believe it it softened the Piper leather even more than it was straight out of the box......not that it was needed, but now it is totally just one big smooshy blob of gorgeous black leather....YUM!

Congrats on love ing the bag Liz.... Sorry to hear about the poor customer service.. They sent me a jacket with ink stains all over the sleeves (wtf) and then one of the leather buckle belt pieces was missing from the other arm:cursing: Who sends something like that even out. They told me that they would also pay for dhipping- when they received it- and if not I should contact them- I dont think I ever got that returned shipping

I have heard a while back that bluefly sold some fakes. I wish I could remember where I heard it so every since then I steer clear. How can you sell a bag at such a reduced cost. Answer, You can't.

Oh, Ms.Liz, that totally stinks! I am so sorry they will lose a great customer over a measley $18!!!!
I bought an LP clutch from them about a month ago at one price, the next day it was on sale, and I called them and they credited my cc for the difference of $12.70 (so I am not sure why they wouldn't do it for you, although I did not use a coupon code for the original purchase).
The clutch came and it was defective, I called them and they sent out a new one, again which was defective.
I figured 'third times a charm', had them send me a THIRD clutch, which turned out to be the worst one yet.
So I said no more clutches; I am done with this.
Oddly enough, the original purchase price charge for the clutch was $119.00 on my CC.
When it went on sale, they credited my charge card $12.70, bringing my total for the bag to $106.30.
Then when all the bags got returned a random credit showed up on my cc for $8.00. I called and asked what that was, they said "it was a mistake credit, don't worry about it" and they left it (which brings my bag down to $98.30 that I paid).
Then the full credit for my bag showed up on my cc for $134.94!!! WTH???
So obviously they have some errors in their system, some in favor of the customer.
I am so sorry for your CS trouble!
I have to say this was the FIRST time I have bought a bag from Bluefly, and for me the CS was great, but the original bag and it's 2 replacements were terrible!
I am kindof convinced they may get some "leftover" defective bags to sell.
I don't think I will be buying from them again, not because of their CS, but because of the lack of quality in their bags.

OMG!!! I take this ALL BACK!!!
Ms.Liz, You are never going to believe what happened today! I was looking online at my credit card bill online and there is a charge on my account from Bluefly of $46.04 that was withdrawn today! I called immediately and asked what this was all about and they said they "over-credited my account and they had to make an adjustment and charged me that amount back"!!! WTH???
First of all, as I acknowledged above, the total amount they credited me was wrong in my favor of $36.64, but then they go and make a charge of $46.04 from my Master Card??? Where did they even get that number??? Why is there a $9.40 discrepancy in their favor????
I was literally debating this whole thing with the CS rep and then a manager for 47 minutes with no resolution!!! They tried telling me that I should not have been given free shipping on the defective return bags (what???) and that was a mistake that I wasn't charged that, etc, but the amount of $9.04 makes no sense, that does not equal any shipping amount, and of course, I demanded I get free shipping when returni a defective bag!!! Then the manager was getting really mad and kept going over it again and again with me and she made no sense.
She finally said "Ma'am, I am not in the financing business, I am going to have to send this to our billing department which can take 24 to 48 hours to hear anything about" and left it at that.
What a nice company!
I already knew I would NOT be ordering from them again because of the lack of quality of the bags, but now this????
:cursing: