(Poor) Client Service: What to expect if you have an issue with you bag.

Aug 10, 2009
I am going to make this as short as possible and if you have any questions I can reply with more information.
I bought a bag in September 2014. I searched everywhere and found the one at Prada in the US. Only they didn’t have the color I wanted, so I had it sent from another store. They haven’t received this specific one in Brazil, where I live. So I bought it abroad, at a vacation trip.
The straps started to disintegrate after a few uses. And after 5 weeks using it lightly, I decided it was getting worse. I waited until I went to a Prada store in Brazil (500 miles away from where I live) in december/2014 and they said:
“This bag has manufacturing defect. You should have it exchanged. If you can, take it back to the US and they will promptly exchange it.”
After A LOT of phone calls, e-mails and one trip to the US to return the bag, they sent me an rude e-mail saying all the could offer was to fix it in Brazil.
The manager assured me it was going to be as good as new or they would exchange all the straps.
Well, today I was there to pick it up.
The handles were not “as new”. It is a repaired bag. And it shows.
The long strap had all kinds of excess material coming out of it. The Salesmen said (his words):

“Oh yes, it always has this kind burr coming off of it. This is how it comes back when we get it resealed. You have to scrap it with your nail.”

“I don’t know why you are complaining. This is not even the worst I have seen. Usually they come back much worse.”

Are you serious? Is this how Prada do business?
When I showed the Manager that the glue had stuck to the metal of the purse she started to scratch it with her nails. It came off. But am I supposed to scratch glue from a Prada bag?

Oh. And I almost forgot. They also said:

“If you have bought the bag here (in Brazil), we would have treated you differently.”

“We only say this kind of things (like exchanging the straps) to get the client to calm down. We don’t do this.

Nice. Thank you Prada. One year without a bag that I bought at full price, used for 5 weeks and now it is a refurbished bag. I have been insulted, discriminated, wrongly accused.
This is what I got from the Prada Client Service and Prada Stores.
I hope you have a better experience. And I hope you don’t need them.

I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I have a Prada bag, and now it only sits in my closet and taken out around once or twice a year. My mom loves Prada and gotten me into it. Though I love their designs, I wouldn't buy their bags right now. The quality has definitely gone down.

wow, this is definitely the worst I've ever heard of Prada, and shocking!

Please write directly to Prada in Milan and let them know how you were treated, they can't just ignore it and pretend it never happened! :smash:

I came here to see if anyone else was having the same horrible experience that a YouTuber is having with Prada, and am sorry to hear that it seems her situation isn't unique.

If anyone is curious, here's the link. It's a woman in the Houston area who purchased a bag for her mother and shortly after it developed strap issues, and has now disappeared into a black hole at a repair shop. If anyone has any advice for her (other than avoiding Prada like the plague in the future), I'm sure she'd appreciate it. It really is upsetting to purchase something special for your mother only to have it turn into a nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sDHZELih8A

Geeze people............vote with your feet. Walk away from any company that doesn't stand behind their products. Especially at the prices they want for their stuff. I have only purchased new bags once------and they were tessutos. All my others came pre-owned from the secondary market. That way I know what wear there is after x amount of years.
A few years ago I inquired about after market service and was appalled at the response. Compared to the top notch service I always received from LV Prada fails miserably.

Which bag was this ? I am guessing saffiano leather? I am reading the most complaints with the saffiano leather .
Well, it took me only one year to replay. I am on top of my game....
It is not a leather saffiano, it is a very unique style, with black daino leather, no side pockets.
Reminds me a lot of a Birkin but without the flap (like an "open mode" birkin)
Supposed to be very durable for a mom who wants to use her bag on daily basis...
I choose to stay away from the saffianos as they have terrible reputation.

wow, this is definitely the worst I've ever heard of Prada, and shocking!

Please write directly to Prada in Milan and let them know how you were treated, they can't just ignore it and pretend it never happened! :smash:
Well, I did just that. They were very polite, and pretend to help, but in the end she told me they will say what the client wants to hear. They don't really help how the initially said they would.
She acctualy told me that the will say anything to calm me down but they don't keep their promisses.

Geeze people............vote with your feet. Walk away from any company that doesn't stand behind their products. Especially at the prices they want for their stuff. I have only purchased new bags once------and they were tessutos. All my others came pre-owned from the secondary market. That way I know what wear there is after x amount of years.
A few years ago I inquired about after market service and was appalled at the response. Compared to the top notch service I always received from LV Prada fails miserably.
Well, I have to agree with you. I took my prada for the (hopefully) the last fix on the same day that I took a LV to a repair. The LV issue was NOT an original problem. It happened due to usage.
At LV hey were very helpful, they did not charge me for the fix and actually apologized, were very nice, polite, welcoming. It was a complete different experience.
I will not be purchasing any more Prada goods. But I have been back to LV a few times since.:graucho: