Ponytail Scarves

zoober_beth

I believe in faeries
Jul 18, 2007
I love the idea of actually wearing it like a headband instead of just as bag flair. I try to tie them on my head but they just slip and slide everywhere. Can someone give me some helpful hints on how to wear them on my head? I thought of bobby pins but haven't given them a go yet. Thought I'd check with you ladies first.

Thanks!

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Well I wear them like headbands but I have to make sure they are closer to my forehead and I tie them super tight. However, I don't have super slippery hair so if that is you then I would suggest bobby pins, but get plastic coated, not metal ones, otherwise you might end up with rusty stains on your scarf.

zoober_beth

I believe in faeries
Jul 18, 2007
yeah i know what you mean by making them super tight but in the process of trying to do that they slide towards the back of my head. i didn't realize how 'slippery' my hair was. :lol:

Good idea not to use the metal pins. Thanks!

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
i know one of the hair companies make a headband that comes w/scarfs but it would be great for the coach ones. I've been trying to find it everywhere and no luck.
http://home-solutions.hsn.com/conair-scarf-set_m-10030027_xp.aspx
this is whta it is, see you can weave it through one end and have it cover the whole headband and put it thru the other side.

but I can't find them in stores!!!!

TnC

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
candac3mari3, I found that headband with the holes in it so you could loop the scarf within it @ Wal-mart. Just $3!! I got one. After looking at the link you posted I went on a hunt for it because i have a difficult time tying it to my head. I was about to just buy some cheap headband and somehow attach the scarf around it but I think there might be sewing involved and I didn't want to do that. So luckily I found it. I can't wait to use it. Thanks candac3mari3 for posting that link!

missaudrie

Collector
O.G.
Nov 21, 2006
candac3mari3, I found that headband with the holes in it so you could loop the scarf within it @ Wal-mart. Just $3!! I got one. After looking at the link you posted I went on a hunt for it because i have a difficult time tying it to my head. I was about to just buy some cheap headband and somehow attach the scarf around it but I think there might be sewing involved and I didn't want to do that. So luckily I found it. I can't wait to use it. Thanks candac3mari3 for posting that link!
Ohh you found one!? PICS PICS PICS!!!

LissiSays

May 3, 2007
I love putting headbands and scarves in my hair. I can't tie them too tight because I'll easily get a headache. I usually tie them and then place a bobby pin on each side. My hair is curly and not very slippery but the headband/scarf will eventually slide back as the day progresses. I've never had to re-tie a scarf when I have the bobby pins in place.