Ponyo?!

at first, I did not like the graphics but after a few minutes I LOVED it. My kids 9 and 7 loved it. and what made me adore this film anymore is my 2 year old daughter sat throughout the entire movie and actually watched it. She is VERY active (borderline ADHD) and she has never watched a movie or cartoons. She loved it!! very cute story, might make a hormonal mom cry *cough*.

I know some people have said they prefer Miyazaki's other films over Ponyo... but I thought Ponyo was GREAT! I absolutely loved it.

However, I don't agree with how they chose Frankie Jonas & Noah Cyrus. I'm not saying the kids did a bad job -- I didn't care about that, but it just blatantly shows Disney will try to name-drop their famous siblings. Ugh. Everyone darn well knows that these two probably got the parts only because of their siblings.

Another Ponyo fan here! We saw it twice. I have three kids: 11, 6 and 2. I liked it more the second time, it grew on me. We have watched spirited away and the cat returns since then, the kids like them also. They are a little "heavier" than Ponyo, but good in their own way.

It was adorable (I watched the Japanese version with subtitles). When my son can pay attention to movies, I'll definitely let him watch it.

I kept waiting for something horribly bad / sad to happen (in the vein of Disney films) - anyone else?

"Ponyo loves Sosuke! Sosuke loves Ponyo!"

We watched this movie on Friday with DD who is 3.5yo and we all loved it. It's such a cute movie. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so we can own it. I'll have to check out Miyazaki's other films.