Ponthieu

View attachment 3834093 I have the Ponthieu PM in Taupe and I think it's beautiful. Although the strap is supposed to be "cross-body" that doesn't apply to MY body but I'm OK with that. The MM was nice but felt more like luggage or a carry-on to me. In the store the Ponthieu was displayed next to an Artsy in the same color and this bag, in my opinion, looks like a combo between the top part of an Artsy and Speedy 30 Empreinte.Those are my two favorite bags so I'm a fan.
Beautiful bag, great colour - congratulations!

Sure, for reference I'm only 5ft, and here's what fits inside of the pm (with room for more), and my tp19 on it's own (still loads of room left), and next to my speedy 25. My Ponthieu pm fits more than my 25 so I think the Ponthieu pm is probably fairly equivalent to the speedy 30. Cross-body it looks like it sits a bit high, but after wearing this way a bit recently I actually find it really comfortable cross-body (I'm quite short though). If you're taller you'd probably want to attach the strap at the O-rings to give more length.
Thanks for the pics - congratulations on your lovely Ponthieu.

Reactions: LilylynnLux
I bought a Ponthieu MM last week while I was on vacation and now I am having second thoughts about the size. I wanted the PM but the store did not have it in black, my color choice. I really didn't think the MM looked much larger than the PM, and the strap drop seemed more generous, so I felt like it was a good choice.
I bought it in NYC and am worried about being able to return it to a different store. And my nearest store is 2 hours away. So many problems!
Does anyone have and love the MM?

My first LV was the speedy b empreinte in 25. I got it on a very special day so it has a huge emotional value to me. I'm now thinking about selling it and getting the ponthieu instead. Tough decision but my heart bleeds everytime I see the speedy sitting in my closet. The shape fits not my style and the hard access is annoying me. What are your thoughts? Will the ponthieu be the better choice?

Would love to see more mod pics of the pm if anyone is inclined :smile:

Just tried it on today and oh my goodness, fell in love! It looks so adorable when it’s squished. When stuffed, I don’t like as much but it’s a very practical and roomy bag. Anyway, excuse my gym clothes and uggs. I need uggs after aerial silks to hug my poor feet

IMG_1513052306.848488.jpgIMG_1513052320.085229.jpgIMG_1513052336.053208.jpg

This is the bag vs. girolata mahina IMG_1513052353.521792.jpg

And the squish!
IMG_1513052375.425312.jpg

I’ll be getting this baby in January for my birthday!

My first LV was the speedy b empreinte in 25. I got it on a very special day so it has a huge emotional value to me. I'm now thinking about selling it and getting the ponthieu instead. Tough decision but my heart bleeds everytime I see the speedy sitting in my closet. The shape fits not my style and the hard access is annoying me. What are your thoughts? Will the ponthieu be the better choice?

I think the PM would be a better size. And the ponthieu is definitely way easier to access since the zippers open all the way down to the sides so you don’t have to swish your hand in between the sharp zippers.

However, the ponthieu is shoulder carry so you won’t be able to really crossbody it since the long strap is shorter but I think it is still practical. My mod shots of the pm are above this post. Hope it helps.

I know bags can be sentimental but if it isn’t working for you, it isn’t and I think that the sentiment would be better felt if you got more joy out of the bag. Then every time you use it, you feel that nice sentiment rather than heartache seeing it sit in your closet.

Reactions: La Ola and LVMOMMY
I bought a Ponthieu MM last week while I was on vacation and now I am having second thoughts about the size. I wanted the PM but the store did not have it in black, my color choice. I really didn't think the MM looked much larger than the PM, and the strap drop seemed more generous, so I felt like it was a good choice.
I bought it in NYC and am worried about being able to return it to a different store. And my nearest store is 2 hours away. So many problems!
Does anyone have and love the MM?

I think if you have any sliver of doubt, I’d return. If you like the design, maybe retry the PM too.

Also I return to different locations all the time. Sometimes it’s not worth sitting in traffic to return or exchange.

Reactions: bagshopr
trying to decide between the ponthieu and the speedy empriente both in noir for an everyday bag. Will be my first Louis purchase- any advice?

Personally, I’d go with the pontheiu pm.

I had a speedy empreinte before and sold it. I found it just wasn’t my style. I liked it when t was structured so I had to use a bag organizer. I didn’t like how it sat against my hip. Felt like a big ball. So I parted with it and I haven’t been upset about it. I don’t miss it.

I like the look of the pontheiu more. To me, as much as the speedy is a classic, it just doesn’t wow me. I will say that the outside pocket of the NM is very handy and I liked that but overall, I just don’t like how the speedy sat on my hip and how it would squish against hip since I wanted it to be more structured.

Thanks @candiesgirl408 for the pictures and in depth explanation! Super helpful! :smile: I think the ponthieu is what I’m leaning towards for all the same reasons! I want something that can zip and squish and I love how the top can dip in so it doesn’t look so boxy on the hip. Will have to pop into an LV soon one of these days and try one on!

I think the PM would be a better size. And the ponthieu is definitely way easier to access since the zippers open all the way down to the sides so you don’t have to swish your hand in between the sharp zippers.

However, the ponthieu is shoulder carry so you won’t be able to really crossbody it since the long strap is shorter but I think it is still practical. My mod shots of the pm are above this post. Hope it helps.

I know bags can be sentimental but if it isn’t working for you, it isn’t and I think that the sentiment would be better felt if you got more joy out of the bag. Then every time you use it, you feel that nice sentiment rather than heartache seeing it sit in your closet.
Thanks for your mod shots and your explanation. It sounds like ponthieu is more me than the speedy. Need to visit a store and just feel if it's the right one.

Just tried it on today and oh my goodness, fell in love! It looks so adorable when it’s squished. When stuffed, I don’t like as much but it’s a very practical and roomy bag. Anyway, excuse my gym clothes and uggs. I need uggs after aerial silks to hug my poor feet

View attachment 3905455View attachment 3905456View attachment 3905457

This is the bag vs. girolata mahina View attachment 3905458

And the squish!
View attachment 3905459

This looks lovely on you!

Reactions: melovepurse

View attachment 3905455View attachment 3905456View attachment 3905457

This is the bag vs. girolata mahina View attachment 3905458

And the squish!
View attachment 3905459

It looks great on you! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Hi guys! New Ponthieu owner here I purchased the MM in Marine Rougue in Las Vegas, and based on the size and some reviews here, decided to order the PM in Noir for better use as my every day bag. I have 3 littles so appreciate the long strap option! I love her but have 2 concerns I wanted to ask about - 1. The zipper (my first LV zipped bag) is very stiff and hard to use - I find myself leaving it open bc it’s so tough to use. Is that normal? Will it wear in with time? And 2. On one end, the empriente seems to make one side pucker out a little. Thoughts on this? I am personally indecisive and cheap, so maybe I’m being too hard on my bag and a flawless bag doesn’t exist.... but I figured if anyone can give me guidance, it’s you ladies! Thank you so much for your help and Merry Christmas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,417
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,948
I have the MM- I officially got it for Christmas, so I am carrying it for the first time today. My zippers are move freely. I think that a stiff zipper will relax with use. Also, I believe it is the nature of the empreinte leather to cause some puckering because the leather isn't completely smooth. I would place my items in the purse to fill out the puckered areas.
Your bag looks beautiful!

Reactions: thedashingpiper
Editing my earlier post. I just took my bag out shopping for the first time. My zippers do seem to be a bit stiff. I think its because they are large zippers. So I will probably carry mine with the top open. Luckily the style of the bag allows it to be carried that way. I have always been remarkably lazy about closing and securing any bag when I'm using it.

Reactions: thedashingpiper