Pont des Amoureaux Watch, rose gold or white gold

Jan 31, 2007
Hi Ladies, I posted this question a few months ago when I was putting down a deposit for this watch. Thank you so much to everyone that has chimed in. Now comes the time to make a final decision. My lovely SA sent me both watches to check out in person. While I love both, I’m more inclined toward the classic night/white gold version. I’m posting both watches on my wrist. Please let know your thoughts! TIA!

44BAE373-2FEE-46AE-8F21-BEB0618F3714.jpeg

DED14D2D-F522-4E3A-831F-D4AC0502B3CF.jpeg

0E9B534B-E3D8-4320-84E6-4C9C2FA8E821.jpeg

AF0ED0A8-2073-4FA5-8252-2471CDE3E140.jpeg

==== previous post ====

Ever since I started collecting Van Cleef more than 10 years ago, the Pont des Amoureaux watch has been one of my holy grails. I tried on the white gold night version years ago but couldn’t afford to pull the trigger back then. Now with the upcoming price increase, I’m seriously considering getting it, but the problem is that I don’t have a local VCA boutique anymore and I can’t decide if i should get the new pink gold day version or the classic white gold night version. I’m usually pretty sure of what I want/like and what suits me better, so this is very unusual for me and for such a big purchase, I don’t like the feeling of uncertainty...

I’m mostly a gold/pink gold person, and the majority of my jewelry and watches are gold/pink gold except a few pieces where white gold is the only option availaboe. Almost all of my hermes/chanel bags are with gold or pink gold hardware. Bags with PHW just don’t look right on me.

Also, purple is one of my favorite colors. So when I saw VCA came out with the pink gold day version of the iconic Pont des Amoureaux watch with purple dial and purple alligator straps, I thought that this is the watch for me.

However, the more I look at the two versions side by side, the more I’m drawn toward the classic white gold night version. I don’t know why and I can’t quite explain my thought process. And the fact that I haven’t even seen the pink gold version in person or tried it on is making me having even more doubts.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I definitely don’t want to commit to such a big purchase without being certain. TIA!

Last edited:
Ever since I started collecting Van Cleef more than 10 years ago, the Pont des Amoureaux watch has been one of my holy grails. I tried on the white gold night version years ago but couldn’t afford to pull the trigger back then. Now with the upcoming price increase, I’m seriously considering getting it, but the problem is that I don’t have a local VCA boutique anymore and I can’t decide if i should get the new pink gold day version or the classic white gold night version. I’m usually pretty sure of what I want/like and what suits me better, so this is very unusual for me and for such a big purchase, I don’t like the feeling of uncertainty...

I’m mostly a gold/pink gold person, and the majority of my jewelry and watches are gold/pink gold except a few pieces where white gold is the only option availaboe. Almost all of my hermes/chanel bags are with gold or pink gold hardware. Bags with PHW just don’t look right on me.

Also, purple is one of my favorite colors. So when I saw VCA came out with the pink gold day version of the iconic Pont des Amoureaux watch with purple dial and purple alligator straps, I thought that this is the watch for me.

However, the more I look at the two versions side by side, the more I’m drawn toward the classic white gold night version. I don’t know why and I can’t quite explain my thought process. And the fact that I haven’t even seen the pink gold version in person or tried it on is making me having even more doubts.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I definitely don’t want to commit to such a big purchase without being certain. TIA!

View attachment 4848591

View attachment 4848592
Black and purple are my choices.

View attachment 4848591

View attachment 4848592
A dream watch! I have always been obsessed with the purple one

The black pops with the lovely details. It has a bolder presence. I like the moon on it too. If you were to go for the purple, then I would pick one with the bird detail in place of the moon. It looks like the top left one is missing the bird detail, whereas the bottom two has it. The purple is more softer and feminine. Definitely a tough choice! Best of luck!

Reactions: OuiCestLaVie
I love the black one the best. The details of the watch really pop! What a beautiful design.
is there any way you can go and see this before the increase? Or lock in the price? I find I need to see things to decide -even then I have trouble deciding....

Thank you. My local VCA just got closed down, but even before its closure it didn’t have any high jewelry or these watches in the store. Given the current situation I can’t travel to any store to try the watches on... Maybe I should ignore the price increase and wait until I have the chance to compare both side by side in person. For what I’m going to pay for the watch i dont want any doubts or regrets.

The black pops with the lovely details. It has a bolder presence. I like the moon on it too. If you were to go for the purple, then I would pick one with the bird detail in place of the moon. It looks like the top left one is missing the bird detail, whereas the bottom two has it. The purple is more softer and feminine. Definitely a tough choice! Best of luck!

wow thank you for being so observant. I didn’t even notice the top left one is missing the bird, which is weird. it should have the bird.

are you suggesting getting both?:P
Honestly, if you can, be the “and” girl rather than “or”! But I feel that the novelty will wear off once you get the first one.

having said that, at the beginning i was like Purple for sure! But the more i look at the black, the more i love the night setting on it....

you really need to go and listen to your inner self! Not voice of reason but voice from the heart:heart:

either way. You won’t go wrong!

p.s. I have a feeling the strap isn’t black is it? I think it’s dark navy?

Reactions: DS2006 and baghagg