Pondering switching my Noe for a Neo Noe

the1kayladawn

<3 <3 <3
O.G.
Mar 4, 2012
Hello everyone,
It's been AGES since I posted in here. Buuuuut I'm back.... I missed the forum. I was on a bit of a ban, so the easiest way to stick to my guns was to avoid you enablers like the plague ;)

Anyways, my conundrum:

I have a Noe... which I have loved for a long time. What I don't love, is how much Vachetta is on it and how many water stains I have accumulated over the years. It looks a lot better than many others as I have tried to take care of it... but I'm too nitpicky.

I saw the Neo Noe with the black ties etc. I was attracted to it, but wanted to know what the expert panelists think!

The other option is trying to send my Noe for restorations at some of these places I've come across. I know it's not typical to clean the vachetta leather, but I just really like it when it's even, and don't enjoy the "character" it has developed haha.

Does anyone have recommendations for having the vachetta cleaned?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback. It's good to be back.

Reactions: Exquisite_Iam
Hi hun! Welcome back!:smile:

I say go for the Neonoe, if that's what you are most interested in doing. I can not advise on how to clean the vachetta, but there are tons of YT videos on the subject. You can't go wrong with restoring your bag, or purchasing a new one.

As for selling, depends on whether you will miss the bag/regret selling. If you no longer use it, and it sounds like you really aren't a fan of patina, or dark patina...sell.

Best,

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the welcome back!!! :heart:

Does anyone know what the size is like on the Neo Noe? Is it comparable to the traditional Noe? I've not seen it in person.

It's not so much the Patina that I don't love. My Speedy for example has gorgeous honey patina, but it's even and not stained in any way shape of form. It's the couple of stains I have on my Noe that bother me. Like there's a pretty obvious stain on one of the corners at the bottom.

It has been my everyday bag for the last 2 years or so. So it's gotten a lot of wear.

The Neo Noe looks so stylish, and I've been loving the mix between mono + black. A girl in my office has the one handle with a black flap and I die everytime I see it.

Hi hun! Welcome back!:smile:

I say go for the Neonoe, if that's what you are most interested in doing. I can not advise on how to clean the vachetta, but there are tons of YT videos on the subject. You can't go wrong with restoring your bag, or purchasing a new one.

As for selling, depends on whether you will miss the bag/regret selling. If you no longer use it, and it sounds like you really aren't a fan of patina, or dark patina...sell.

Best,

GOOOOO for it love the neo noe in noir!!

You're welcome!:smile::heart:

I see what you're saying about the stains. I feel you, I wouldn't like that either.

The traditional Noe is definitely a lot bigger than the Neonoe. But, the Neo seems to fit a lot. I like it in Noir too. The mix of black leather + mono is so fresh and beautiful. Not to say, classic mono isn't. lol...I like both. Just not a patina girl per se. Although, I do think honey patina is really gorgeous, but that super dark patina, not so much.

Looking at some youtube videos, I can see the size looks pretty good against the torso anyways... And the structure of the bag seems a little bit more defined since there are less folds. I think I might like it better.

You're welcome!:smile::heart:

I see what you're saying about the stains. I feel you, I wouldn't like that either.

The traditional Noe is definitely a lot bigger than the Neonoe. But, the Neo seems to fit a lot. I like it in Noir too. The mix of black leather + mono is so fresh and beautiful. Not to say, classic mono isn't. lol...I like both. Just not a patina girl per se. Although, I do think honey patina is really gorgeous, but that super dark patina, not so much.

I like the look of the traditional Noe. But I think the Neo Noe functions day to day a lot easier and more practical with the pull/ push up drawstring rather than the tie in bow of the classic Noe. If I was in your shoes I would go for the Neo Noe noir. Treat yourself:smile: It's seems like a carefree no hassle kinda bag. Looks modern and is casual, goes with a lot of looks.

I had the petit noe for years. Now have the neo noe. So much easier and more comfortable to carry! No comparison. It will be smaller than the noe, but it does hold quite a bit and the centered zippered pocket helps keep everything organized. I hope you get the neo noe- I'm sure you will love it.

Another vote for NeoNoe! It's very comfortable on the shoulder and the middle divider keeps everything organized. I also love the colored leather with Monogram combo, i feel it adds a little "zest" to the classic look :smile:

Looking at some youtube videos, I can see the size looks pretty good against the torso anyways... And the structure of the bag seems a little bit more defined since there are less folds. I think I might like it better.

Yeah, I say go for it!:smile: From the reviews, everyone says it's structured.
I even like it with the Bandouliere Monogram strap in noir, that I've seen some people purchase as an extra accessory to wear crossbody or shoulder...it looks so good. But, either way...it looks great. I think you will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LV521
Yeah, I say go for it!:smile: From the reviews, everyone says it's structured.
I even like it with the Bandouliere Monogram strap in noir, that I've seen some people purchase as an extra accessory to wear crossbody or shoulder...it looks so good. But, either way...it looks great. I think you will enjoy it.

Ohhhhhhhhh I never thought of a crossbody strap with it! I will have to seek images of this combo.

I am really thinking I'm gonna end up doing the Neo.

I've always wanted something with red accents, but I am extremely attracted to the Noir combo.