Ponchos - keep or donate?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Continuing to clean out closets and came across several ponchos. One is pale pink, inexpensive and not very warm. One is red, much better quality and a little longer and warmer. Two are lightweight, orange with metallic thread running through and pink with metallic thread - more of an accessory than an outerwear piece. Are ponchos over? As I write this, I think I should just keep the red as it is my best color and is the warmest. What do you think?:confused1:

Personally, I never did buy any ponchos and never found them to be a great look for anyone. If you like the red, keep it and toss it later if you don't use it. I would probably toss the others.

DONATE!!

Unless you are pregnant, and even then, why would you possibly wear a blanket around your neck that makes you look like a big, sad pillow? You can do better than a poncho!

i feel like ponchos have become a bit more popular in the past yr or two~ i see them in high end and low end stores all around. i actually own a burberry one which i love but never wear lol. i always feel like i'm wearing a blanket! you can always wear it around the house!

I like what shoulderache said, "why look like a big, sad pillow?" I feel like I have so much stuff to wear around the house and it gets in way of doing dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. I think I will get rid of 3 and just keep the red.

OMG I feel exactly that way about the "tie-sweaters" of a few years ago. Remember those? The Ballet-style cardigans that tied...
Well, I JUMPED on that trend, spending ALOT of money on cashmere ones from shopbob.
And now they just SIT in the closet. I will never spend on a trend like that again! I know that the scarf thing is a trend, but scarves have been around for generations, I doubt I'll be sorry about that...