Poll: Would you buy non-branded items?

Would you buy an non-branded/no label version of your favorite products?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Would you buy something that is high quality, great style, made from the same factories as designer brands....but there is no label or brand attached? Or would you still pay the 8x markup for the branded version?

I don't like copies but I like design, so while I doubt I would buy a handbag that is a knock off, I would have no proble buying a bag that has no designer branding if I like the style and the quality appeals to me.

meeshellley

Apr 18, 2019
I don't like copies but I like design, so while I doubt I would buy a handbag that is a knock off, I would have no proble buying a bag that has no designer branding if I like the style and the quality appeals to me.

I agree! Blatant knockoffs wouldn't appeal to me either, especially patterns that companies spend time developing. But staple pieces would be a no-brainer!

Reactions: Gabs007

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
It depends on what the item is. If it is an iconic design, then no. I'd want the original from the original designer. But if it is something fairly generic, that could have been done by anyone, then yes. The designer name isn't important to me. For example, I would never buy a designer tee shirt. They are way overpriced due to the brand name.

Reactions: meeshellley

meeshellley

Apr 18, 2019
It depends on what the item is. If it is an iconic design, then no. I'd want the original from the original designer. But if it is something fairly generic, that could have been done by anyone, then yes. The designer name isn't important to me. For example, I would never buy a designer tee shirt. They are way overpriced due to the brand name.

Funny how many people are willing to overpay for a plain t shirt just because it has a logo on it.....

Reactions: TommyH and whateve

meeshellley

Apr 18, 2019
Welcome to TPF. There's plenty of info on the value of branding on this site, so that may be an eye opener for you. Are you doing business research?

Thank you for the welcome. I'm not disregarding that brands have value; i'm a handbag fan and even though Chanel prices are increasing, I would only ever buy a black quilted bag from them because I know I'm paying for the design and this is their specialty.

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Funny how many people are willing to overpay for a plain t shirt just because it has a logo on it.....

To be honest, I usually skip the ones with logos, if they want to use me as advertising, they can pay me for it.

Especially with t-shirts I do like great quality, the thin material that loses shape after a wash or 2 is totally unflattering, I happily pay more for a flattering cut and good material, but not to carry a logo on my chest

Reactions: Hurrem1001