Poll: which has the better leather? 2007 or 2008?

Which leather is better: 2007 or 2008?

Results are only viewable after voting.

suzie w

O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
hello ladies- im doing a poll of leather quality- in your opinion.

pls vote which leather u prefer and why? also state the color u r specifiaclly refering to....

ie> 2007 black- thicker-veiny, etc...

please share ur valuable experience.:yes:

tia

Last edited:
I so love and prefer the thick, chewy, wrinkly & distressed leathers of some of the 07 blacks, plombs, violets, moganos, vert fonces.

08, the colors were sweet and very pop, but the leathers smoother, thinner than 07s on the whole, more scratch-prone on certain dry /smooth leathers imo,& not as consistently saturated . However, there are always exceptions, and i have seen beautiful 08s as well, just not in my leather preference, which is thick, chewy, and wrinkly.

2007, from what I've seen, felt, touched, etc... (sounds awfully weird!!) I prefer the Chevre over Agneau.. and most of f/w 07 had fantastic chewy, thick, dense, squishy, leather. It had dimension & texture as well. :tender:

2007, from what I've seen, felt, touched, etc... (sounds awfully weird!!) I prefer the Chevre over Agneau.. and most of f/w 07 had fantastic chewy, thick, dense, squishy, leather. It had dimension & texture as well. :tender:

^^ ditto to everything oogie said - 07 hands down has the better leather. we'll see what f/w 08 has to offer...

On Leather - 07 leather feels more supple. I had purchased 2 08 bags, and they seem to be inferior compared to the one 07 I have and kept instead.

Both 08 leather had tiny crackles in certain areas while the 07 Black was smooth and soft.

ok!!! thx for the info ladies! i will keep a lookout for the 2007..... only have 08's--- and i thought mine were spectaular! crazy!

keep the poll going ladies!

i know u know!:woohoo:

another vote for 07. the leather on my VD day is so thick and chewy, definititely comparable to my 04 pistachio twiggy. plus VG and Jaune were so saturated and nicely distressed (not veiny at all)!

I echo everything Oogie said! That said I unfortunately only have one 07 Bag(Sienna Day) & it is breaking in gorgeously soft, smooth yet feels hardy. My 2008 feels soft yet they feel fragile somehow. :shrugs:

i prefer 07 leather, my vert foncé weekender has the most gorgeous leather i've ever seen or touched. flawless too. the leather of my 07 violet courier is very yummy, different from my VF WE, but very beautiful, my 07 black twiggy has a thick and even leather, i love all my 07 bags, the 08 leather is not very consistant, i've seen very beautiful leather and very bad leather.
my 08 turquoise has a thick and even leather which i love, but out of 6 turquoise days, mine was the only one without flaw on the leather!!!!!!
some of 08 bags are very dry, paper-y, or not well finished. i hope the A/W collection of this year will be better.

Definitely 07, especially f/w 07 :yes:. Most of the 08s I've seen IRL either have super veiny dry leather, or really smooth but thin leather. I really hope that f/w 08 has better leather :sad:

another vote for 2007! I esp. love the fall colors and the leather is thick, wrinkly, smooshy, saturated, and beautiful! And yet because it's thicker, it also feels a bit more durable. mogano, sienna, vert fonce, violet, jaune...all seem to have consistently stunning leather. Of the 2008 bags I've seen, I just haven't been impressed. The leather is very stiff, smooth, dry, and almost plastic-y. However, many of the 08s posted here seem to have MUCH better leather than the ones I've seen IRL. But ultimately, spring 08 can't hold a candle to 07.

Your poll juxtaposes one of the best years/seasons (F/W 07) to one of the worst (S/S 08). The colors and leather quality of F/W 07 were standouts all around. S/S 08 leather has so far been too stiff, dry and lacking character, and in some colors (pale magenta, vert thyme, although both gorgeous colors) too marbled and washed out looking. Hopefully F/W 08 will be better.

Last edited:
To be honest, I like '07 leather/colors much better....but from '08, my EB City is TDF!!! Great leather; no marbleling; saturated color throughout bag; and EB is just such an awesome shade of blue! :smile:

Looking forward to F/W '08!!!

after getting my 2008 white city as my first bbag, i ended up selling her b/c i discovered 2007 colors / leathers!! my 2007 tomato day, anthracity, and VG cities all vary in terms of leather texture and distressing, but i love my 2007s to death! the tomato day is soooo thick and saturated, the anthracity has chewy thick leather, and the VG is smooth with no veins.