Which pair of booties should I get?

• Swedish Hasbeens lace-ups

• Opening Ceremony wedge bootie

Results are only viewable after voting.

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Hi everyone! I have been looking high and low for a pair of perfect booties for F/W. I want something with a bit of a heel that I can dress up or down. I narrowed it down to these 2 options: the Swedish Hasbeens lace-ups or the Opening Ceremony platform bootie. I love both but should probably only get one, as I am hoping this will be an investment piece. I'm not sure if I can get the OC ones as I'm not sure how they fit and they seem to be sold out in my usual size (I wear an 8.5 but I usually size up to a 9, although wedges often seem to fit large on me so I have been able to size down to an 8 in the past).

If anyone has either of these booties I would love to hear your input as well!

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• swedish hasbeens.jpg
    swedish hasbeens.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 81
  • opening ceremony.jpg
    opening ceremony.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 91
The black ones! You said you want an investment piece which means you want something that's more classic. Wedges are so easy to wear too. :yes:

Not fond of the heel shape on the tan one and I also don't like the contrasting laces or the fact that it's like a clog boot? Very odd.

Wow overwhelming votes for the black pair! I have both coming but the black pair will arrive first. I had to order an 8 since the price from that site was the best - crossing my fingers that they fit!

Is it possible to stretch this style of boot? I have never stretched shoes before.

Update: A funny thing happened... I got the OC ones and they were really cute (but a bit tight) but I just didn't LOVE them. And for that price, they should be perfect. I am thinking maybe I am not that huge of a fan of wedges. At any rate,
I still really like the Swedish Hasbeens clog booties and they are still coming so
I can still try them out. I know they weren't popular on here but they are being knocked off all over the place. I also bought a pair of JC cheetah wedges that I am very unsure about, I was hoping to get a work-appropriate pair. I have also seen another JC pair that has a small heel and might suit my purpose for classy work shoes. So many decisions!