poll: what color hardware would you get w/ a black caviar boy?

what color hardware should i get for a black caviar boy?

• old gold

• ruthenium

Results are only viewable after voting.

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
i recently purchased a black caviar boy w/ gold hardware. but now i'm looking at all the beautiful posts of the ruthenium hardware, and i'm thinking of returning mine for the ruthenium. originally, age was a factor for me. i usually see the boy bag on girls in their 20's w/ ruthenium. so i was thinking that gold would be more elegant for my age (i'm in my mid 30's). i've had the bag for a little less than a week and still haven't used it. maybe i just don't LOVE it? but i would hate to return it and then change my mind again....

advice and input needed!

what color hardware should i choose and why?

i think gold hardware looks more luxurious and ruthenium is more edgy! but both are chanels so theyre both elegant :heart: i have a black boy with ruthenium! i think gold hardware is nice too though! go for what you want more! i love my ruthenium but i would love to get a red boy with gold hardware!!

Honestly, either hardware is timeless in my opinion. Keep the gold and get your next Chanel in SHW. But... If you haven't reached for it in a week, you may want to consider the exchange... I find that if I don't reach for a bag within 2 days of receiving it, I'm not in love... That's a lot of money to be left collecting dust.

i think gold hardware looks more luxurious and ruthenium is more edgy!

Exactly as above. Its down to your personal style!! I am a little bit more of a fan of SHW/RHW with black because I like black to be cool toned. Then again.. I wear platinum jewellery mostly so I also take that into consideration.

Go with your gut.. what gives you butterflies!??

I'm in the same boat as you OP! However, I can't seem to find the rhw in old medium.... I'm in my 20's and think maybe I can still rock the boy with ghw later on, which I can still get at this time. I think we see a lot of posts and reveals with pictures of the rhw on TPF, and very few of the caviar ghw. Makes it seem the rhw is a lot more popular! Perhaps if we see more pics of the ghw that will help sway the decision? In any case I hope you end up loving whichever bag you decide to keep. Good luck!

Last edited:
I got the black with ruthenium and I love it! Not that the gold isn't beautiful. I already had a black GST with ghw so it made the choice even easier for me. I just love how the ruthenium looks on the boy.