Poll: Well distressed/wrinkly, Smooth or Don't care?

I like thin leather on the Work (like my EB SGH Work) and PT for that drapey effect.

I prefer thicker leather on my cities for a more rigid look.

I don't mind smooth leather as long as there is texture to give it dimension, although I am more of a fan of deeply textured distressing that can be seen from a distance. I am probably in the minority in that I love white veins and marbling as long as the leather is soft and dense, like my VT SGH PT and Brief.

For me, it's not a bbag unless it's got the distressing, wrinkly leather.
Thick, distressed, smooshy and chewy on the darker colored bags (purples, browns, blues and black).
Thick, a tiny bit smoother, with some sheen on the lighter color bags (pinks/lilacs).
I didn't really have a preference for veiny bags until Bois de Rose - absolutely love the leather, distressing, and veins on this one. So perfect.
And absolutely no dry or too smooth on anything: the pivoine this season was a disappointment in the leather - dry and uninteresting. Also, I might give on the leather for a color I love but it has to be in excellent or mint condition. I can't really stand the scuffed up corners and darkened handles - deal breaker for me.

absolutely CHEWY, SMOOSHY AND DISTRESSED ,but not dry :heart: this is the perfect leather IMO...i don't care if it is chèvre or agneau ,but it must be wrinkly with no white veins ...lol i am really picky :smile:

i hate smooth leather

this is me! i want chewy, smooshy and distressed with no white veins... i love the leather of my amethyst ggh day! so chewy!!

I think evenly distressed leather is what does it for me.
I prefer thick over thin leather. I like my leather soft & the color saturated.....
I do love gloss/shine on the leather, like my Vert Thyme...

Hi, I'm a Bal newbie.

Can someone post sample pix of the main types of leather on Bal?

What's Well Distressed?
What's smooth?
What's Dry?
What's Disastrous? :greengrin:
What's Veinly?

THanks....

Very, very distressed and wrinkled, preferably with thick, chewy leather. The distressing should be uniform throughout the bag--don't like mismatched panels, especially on the front of the bag. Veins are really gorgeous on some colors, like Bleu Glacier and Pourpre, so I'm open to them as long as the leather is nicely wrinkled, too. I've had some of the rarest colors in smooth leather and couldn't stand to carry them. For me, the whole character and essence of Balenciaga is wrapped up in the distressing. Oh, and the more sheen, the better.

I love the wrinkly one with some gloss. White vain doesn't bother me if it's the light color. I do mind if the color's dark.