Poll: tote and/or purse

1. Do you guys ever find yourselves carrying both a tote or schoolbag/diaper bag, and a purse? I have a small tote that holds folders and papers, but I can't really fit all of my usual purse stuff in there too. So I'm often tempted to carry both (the bags in question are both khaki and chocolate coach bags -- a medium satchel and a small hobo)...but I don't want to look like I'm carrying two purses:suspiciou

So I thought I would check w/ all of you, since you all care about how your bags are arranged. Do you ever carry two bags, and if you do, do you match them together?

2. I never carry more than one bag.

3. When I have a lot to carry, I carry a big bag. That's one reason my MJ Stellas get used so much.

4. I carry my messenger bag and a "purse" to work but thats only b/c sometimes I can't fit everything I need for work into my "purse." If I can fit everything, then just my "bag". :P

5. I never carry more than one bag either unless one's luggage and the other is a purse/handbag.

6. I've always wondered about handbag etiquette regarding if you can carry 2 handbags at once too. (ie a tote, and a handbag)

7. i carry one, i just switch bags if i need a bigger one

8. I prefer to carry just a handbag or shoulder bag, but if I have too much to schlepp to work, rather than overstuff the bag, I'll add a tote. They don't need to match per se, but I do try to keep them at the same style level and within the same color scheme. I'm a big fan of sling bags (can be worn as a backpack or a tote) as often I travel heavy to work (tote), and lighter (backpack) on the way home.

9. I knew there was a reason I change bags every couple days! I'd never carry two but I change according to what I will be carrying. If I am shopping, I need a larger shoulder bag so my hands are free. If I'm just running around, a smaller hand held bag. If I am going to work and carrying a book, bottled water, apple, etc, I carry a Tote like bag. This is my explanation to my husband on why you need more than a few bags.

10. I normally carry 2 bags for work, a small handbag/shoulderbag and a bigger briefcase or tote for laptop + papers & books. Try to make them work together, like black + black or brown + brown, but not necessarily the same brand. But together with more colourful handbags, I would just bring a black briefcase - two red bags would be a bit much, at least for me.

But if not going to work, I prefer just one bag - size according to need.

11. For work sometimes I do carry two. Sometimes I just have too much stuff. And actually, even if I'm taking a larger bag to work and don't have too much stuff, there's almost always a smaller purse tucked inside the tote that I can use for going to lunch and stuff. When I am on my commute to work I've noticed a lot of people on the train or walking with multiple bags. I think its different if people know you're goign to work and just have a lot of things as opposed to showing up at a mall with multiple bags!

12. That's EXACTLY what I was thinking -- that if you have one bag for the laptop, papers, folders, etc., you might need your regular purse as well. Also, you might want a smaller purse along for going to luch or something. But you'd never just hit the mall w/ two purses.

I do like Lexie's point too though, that if we insist on one bag at all times, it becomes a very convenient rationale for why we need MORE bags in many different sizes:idea:

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your advice! Keep it coming if you have it, I always appreciate opinions:smile:

13. Ditto!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice