POLL: Should a RH girl give a GSH Midday a shot?

Should a RH girl give a GSH Midday a shot?

• Yes, branch out and go for the Tempete GSH Midday!

• No, stick with RH or wait for the Officier or Amethyst to come along.

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 7, 2008
SW Florida
I am typically a RH girl and currently that is all I own! I however have totally fallen in love with the Midday thanks to Tokyo's beautiful mod pics! Being that it's only offered in GH, I am torn... I love, love, love the way it looks on the bag and on everyone else, but when I had a GH City bag in the past I was a bit overwhelmed by it! I have been able to track down a Tempete GSH Midday which I think is a stunning combination although not my first choice (those would be Officier or 08 Amethyst, both of which are pretty much impossible to find)! I am hoping for some help in the decision making department! I think this style would be great b/c it's very similar in shape to the Work which I also love but more of a shoulder bag which is better for my liefe style. Should I give this bag/combo a shot?

batgirl77

O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
North of Boston
Definitely get the midday! I'm lusting over this style myself right now. In fact, I emailed Merlyn at Balenciaga Bahrain because I know sometimes they have sales. She told me they had GH middays available in the current season colors, which surprised me, because I didn't know they still made the midday, but sorbet may be a good sub for amethyst! Her email address is in the Bal Bahrain sale thread in the shopping subforum. I'm trying to get her to send a photo, just to be sure we're talking about the same bag - I'm afraid she's thinking of the day or something, just because I thought midday was discontinued. Anyway - whatever you decide to get, post pics! :smile:

abitobling

Feb 28, 2007
I would try it if you are buying from someplace you can return it if you don't like it! And who knows, you may love it.

rollergirl

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Definitely get the midday! I'm lusting over this style myself right now. In fact, I emailed Merlyn at Balenciaga Bahrain because I know sometimes they have sales. She told me they had GH middays available in the current season colors, which surprised me, because I didn't know they still made the midday, but sorbet may be a good sub for amethyst! Her email address is in the Bal Bahrain sale thread in the shopping subforum. I'm trying to get her to send a photo, just to be sure we're talking about the same bag - I'm afraid she's thinking of the day or something, just because I thought midday was discontinued. Anyway - whatever you decide to get, post pics! :smile:
I know for certain that the Mid Day was still available for the spring in giant silver and rose gold or giant covered hardware. I think lots of stores just don't order them because they aren't a basic, popular style. Don't know if your SA is correct or not, but she certainly could be, since the bag still exists.

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
:flowers: Thank you for all your responses so far! I am definitely leaning towards getting the bag! I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and insight as it makes me feel more confident in my decision. Please keep em coming as I have to make my decision by tomorrow! ...And in the meantime, here's a photo of the bag to help!

Attachments

Sep 12, 2009
Go for it! I think the GH looks great in the bigger bags, especially the day and midday. It overwhelms me too in the city, although other people's pictures I love! But in the Day (so I am sure also the midday), I felt it looked great.

purses & pugs

www.pursesandpugs.com
O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Oslo, Norway
www.pursesandpugs.com
:flowers: Thank you for all your responses so far! I am definitely leaning towards getting the bag! I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and insight as it makes me feel more confident in my decision. Please keep em coming as I have to make my decision by tomorrow! ...And in the meantime, here's a photo of the bag to help!

This is beautiful! And I agree with you, never really thought about this style until I saw Tokyo's Amethyst Midday. She wears every Bbag so well and this was no exception! And it's great to have something different too, not only Cities and PTs. I got a Pom not long ago and do not regret trying a new style;)

And, I say it again: Tempete/GSH :rochard::ps:

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
This is beautiful! And I agree with you, never really thought about this style until I saw Tokyo's Amethyst Midday. She wears every Bbag so well and this was no exception! And it's great to have something different too, not only Cities and PTs. I got a Pom not long ago and do not regret trying a new style;)

And, I say it again: Tempete/GSH :rochard::ps:
P&P...so true!! Tokyo's collection is amazing and her style compliment her bags so well!! Your Pom is absolutely stunning too! That's another style I LOVE on others, but am not so sure about for myself... I totally agree with you on the Tempete/GSH!! :nuts:

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
In the sunshine!
That is really beautiful! It looks like the photo was taken in Bal Las Vegas or in a boutique where the lighting is poor. My Tempete looked exactly that color in the photos from Vegas but IRL it was darker and more tealish. I was disappointed at first because I adored the color in the photos from the boutique and disliked it IRL. Now Tempete has grown on me enough to use it more and more.

Susan Lee

Double Trouble
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
California
I say go for it!! Tempete is so beautiful with GSH, and I cannot stop drooling over the pictures of that midday beauty!!