Poll Question - Keep or Return, What Do You Think?

Keep or Return the Oxblood Nomad?

• Keep it, you love it and it's gorgeous!

• Return it and put the money toward a newer bag!

• Do both, keep the Nomad AND buy a newer bag!

• Return it and save your money, you already have too many bags!

Results are only viewable after voting.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I was at the outlet yesterday and they had some newly arrived FP delete bags, including large Nomads in both Navy and Oxblood colors. I have always been attracted to the Nomad style but I already have 2 of them (Carmine and Grey Birch Willow Floral).

When I was a new Coachie I bought multiples of the same bag and line so I have lots of Madison and Kristen bags! Now I try to "choose wisely" and only get one or two selections from a line that I really like, but I broke my "no more than 2" rule yesterday and brought home a half-price Oxblood Nomad 36026 LI OXB for $248 (retail = $495).

It's a gorgeous bag and I don't have any oxblood bags and the red leather lining is delightful, but I am thinking of returning it. I have many bags in both the brown and red color families so I probably don't need an oxblood bag, and I am not thrilled about the price either.

I realize that half-off is a very good discount, but this bag was released in 2015 so I think it should be going into clearance by now! I'm not sure how I feel about spending $250 on a 2 year old bag, maybe I should return it and wait for some newer bags to hit the outlet.

Here are some pics of my oxblood Nomad, what do you think I should do? Please cast your vote in the poll above to help me decide, thanks!

OxbloodNomad_005.jpg

OxbloodNomad_006.jpg

OxbloodNomad_007.jpg

OxbloodNomad_004.jpg

36026_lioxb_a0.jpg

I have the Oxblood Nomad and it is my least used out of the 3 colors I own. I love the Exotic Colorblock in Sand and True Red. I would return it and wait for something else. Wait to see if it hits clearance and then buy it. I had to do that for several bags.

BTW - I'm interested in the Saddle Nomad with silver hardware. :smile:

Reactions: katev
Well I love a sale too, but if you're having doubts that indicates it may not be the dream bag. I think you could probably make a profit selling it, or you could sell one of your Madison and Kristen bags if they're in good shape. I feel like I'm reaching a point where if I were to add new bags to my collection they would have to be ones I have no doubts about AND I would probably sell / donate / give away another bag to make room. Sometimes too many bags isn't a good thing, and by the virtue of something sitting in your closet (whether used or not) it gets 'old'. You know when you buy a new dress and then cut the tags off before the first wear? If that first wear is the next day then it's super exciting, but if you cut those tags a few months later then it feels like 'oh i got this so long ago, why didn't I wear it?' it's not as exciting. Well I feel that way about using a bag that's technically 'new' but isn't used. The bag you got IS beautiful though, don't get me wrong.

Don't even get me started on decision fatigue I experience with an overstuffed wardrobe :hrmm:

Love the bag in this color! Keep it! It's okay to have more than two sometimes. I am a big time Borough fan. I have two mediums and a mini and I am thinking of one more medium. On the other hand, if you think you would really LOVE another style more you may want to change it up. If you keep it, make sure you adore it.

Reactions: Nelibelle and katev
I agree with you about the price being too high, especially since the Outlets were selling Nomads for $189. not that long ago. If it were a better deal, I'd say keep it, but not at $250.

I know! I just checked and I only paid $216 for my willow floral nomad in February, and it retailed for $150 more than this oxblood bag! I may be taking my new Nomad back.

I voted keep but you really need a button that says send to meeeeeeeeeee!! I adore this bag have the true red with oxblood lining so the reverse version and matching wallet adore it but wanted oxblood really. I now have navy saddle red and green nomads ( and the smaller version in black) this is my missing one!!!! The colour is so versatile I'd defo keep if I were you

Reactions: katev
I really like the bag/color but it seems like you're wavering, which is a bad sign off the bat :smile:

As for the bag being "old," I actually bought this at the retail Coach store in March of this year (ended up returning, but that's another story). So the design might be from a couple years ago, but Coach is still producing the Nomad in their retail stores... Unless your bag # indicates a 2015 mfg date, in which case my extra comment is pointless ;)