Poll- please vote....and comment if you can too!

What to do?

• Keep Violet and pass on Rose

• Sell Violet and go for IT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow, this is super tough. Usually I have an opinion even if it isn't always the popular vote. But I am tongue tied over this one. They are both stunning. I usually don't go for purple or pink. But those are two fabulous bags. And i never realized the 04 was so spectaculary. That looks like a rare find. If it were me I would sell one of the kids or do anything I could necessary so that I could have them both. Have you looked through your closet lately. Maybe it is time to do some cleaning and selling? Any chance of bribery from a SO?

If I were you, I would never part with the Violet. It is too beautiful.

:love: Thank you....

Looking at your photos I think that the violet bag looks so much the better of the two - I would keep it without question. It makes the rose look dull.

that's the biggest difference between older bbags and newer ones... new ones have a full coating to protect then even when broken in....violet does look so enticing in those pictures--- so photogenic :rolleyes:

it was my blueberry day that had uneven leather... :sad: but it's ok... my violet's got perfect leather! :yahoo:

DUDE... Violet's winning by a landslide....:graucho:

Violet did win by a landslide.....I thought there were way more 04 lovers out there too? Blueberry Day----mmmmmm sounds so yummy!!

i would vote for getting the rose twiggy, but that's just because I like the rose so much and the twiggy so much! Perfect combo to me. If you do decide on passing on the rose please pass the info onto me hehe :girlsigh:

I love the twiggy and love the muted color of Rose- it's IMHO the perfect shade of pink for someone who wants a little pink but not the full on statement of pink

I voted keep the Violet, but if you sell it and have second thoughts you will probably be able to find another one with similar leather.

I hope you'll end up happy with whichever you choose! :smile:

this leather on the Violet is the only reason I have kept it thus far.... it's just to amazing....:yes:

I absolutely LOVE the violet ... so that gets my vote!
:flowers:

Wow, this is super tough. Usually I have an opinion even if it isn't always the popular vote. But I am tongue tied over this one. They are both stunning. I usually don't go for purple or pink. But those are two fabulous bags. And i never realized the 04 was so spectaculary. That looks like a rare find. If it were me I would sell one of the kids or do anything I could necessary so that I could have them both. Have you looked through your closet lately. Maybe it is time to do some cleaning and selling? Any chance of bribery from a SO?

lol~ stuff flew outta Alaska's closet last month b/c of PHH's truck....his down payment came from purses! lol~ j/k

I usually have an opinion too about selling and buying and if there is any doubt in selling I would sell b/c you just can't love a bag too much---- IMO...:upsidedown: which is so off b/c I get this way when thinking about selling violet....:sad:

I think the violet is more versatile, stay with violet! :love:

:girlsigh::flowers:

I'd be worried about the condition of the rose bag - bags treated with LMB sometimes can be a little funny - but that's just my opinion (so don't kill me if you like LMB products). I'd keep the violet unless you can inspect the twiggy first!

Hi Alaska! What a nice dilemma to have, though, deciding between 2 equally gorgeous bags. It does sound like your Violet is very special to you, if not you wouldn't be hesitating and would already be listing her up for sale. If you can, keep Violet AND buy Rose. If you can't, my vote goes towards keeping Violet. It just seems a more versatile color in terms of different outfits and can suit different atmospheres from casual to dressy casual, but a rosy pink seems to give off a fun, youthful vibe only. Just my 2c!

A vote for violet!
:girlsigh:

I'd be worried about the condition of the rose bag - bags treated with LMB sometimes can be a little funny - but that's just my opinion (so don't kill me if you like LMB products). I'd keep the violet unless you can inspect the twiggy first!

Hey -- no killing on TPF- but thank you for that thought- I know some people hate the stuff- it doesn't bother me, it's Lubriderm that bugs me- makes bags super matte and a whole two shades darker also!! I did this to my cornflower and it just made the bag dark with super white veins :tdown:

sigh. wish I could inspect the bag first but I trust the seller- she's awesome and by the looks of her pics the bag is in great great shape.

I think I'm keeping Violet and saving for Rose...

Hi Alaska! What a nice dilemma to have, though, deciding between 2 equally gorgeous bags. It does sound like your Violet is very special to you, if not you wouldn't be hesitating and would already be listing her up for sale. If you can, keep Violet AND buy Rose. If you can't, my vote goes towards keeping Violet. It just seems a more versatile color in terms of different outfits and can suit different atmospheres from casual to dressy casual, but a rosy pink seems to give off a fun, youthful vibe only. Just my 2c!

:flowers: Thank you for your thoughts!

Thank you all!!! It's funny b/c it's not even a choice of HW! It's a choice of color and leather----from what I gather regarding the poll outcome :shrugs:

As you know, it's ultimately up to you, but here's my opinion since you asked :smile:. I prefer the City style to the Twiggy, and I find Violet to be incredibly wearable with my wardrobe. That said, Rose is a lovely color, and I know it's rare, but would you use it a lot? If it would just be a bag that you lovingly adore but never carry, I say keep the Violet. Also, I've admired your Violet City in your avatar for some time now. It's really fab.

Alaska, Aren't you just itching for some springtime bliss? Sunshine and all that goes with it..That's what the Rose/pink represents to me anyways.
i think that the way things look on Ebay, you may take a reduced price since there are so many, and then have to pay more to get it back...
Sell the LV:graucho:
Then you can have both and life will be so perfect!

Yes M I got mine a few days ago and it is PERFECT!!! Not nearly as gorgeous leather-wise as yours but that only makes me wish you wouldnt sell yours even more!! If mine is this breathtaking I can only imagine how yours is!! please keep the purple! First of all its very IN this season and the SGH against that purple is just TDF! .. plus its a city size which is soo versitle! .. the rose is lovely but do you really have clothes that would match it in your wardrobe? I know I dont! .. I love 08 BG and magenta but I woudl rather get an accessory in those colors since I would never have any occasion or clothes to wear them with as bags .. think of the wearability of the colors ... you know I luv ya girl no matter whatcha choose!!! :smile:

I voted Keep The Violet!!!!

It sounds like you may end up with both.....always the best solution!

Sorry, I couldn't comment before because the picture of your Violet City made me go crazy!! :nuts:

So now because of you and the pictures of that TDF bag, I have a Violet City w/GSH coming!! :yahoo:I am going to work hard to get it as smooshy looking as yours!!!

Thank you Alaska for posting such awesome pictures!! And keep your Violet!!!

well i prefer new ~ it's just me! ~ having said that ~ i find the violet a little dark & the rose i absolutely :love: ~ if the bag is really in as good condition as it appears in the pic & your're happy with the price ~ then i would go with the rose ~ :flowers: ~ why do we put ourselves thru this over bags! ~ :lol:

i have a violet city and a 04 rose twiggy. i would pick my 04 rose over the violet handsdown. can't beat the leather on the rose. but you would have to consider whether you are a pink person. good luck in your decision! if you can, just keep the violet and get the rose too!