Poll: JPG shoulder birkin: Great bag or Big mistake?

JPG birkin: yes or no

• Yes: I have one and love it

• Yes: I dont have one but love it

• No: I bought one and dont use it or sold it

• No: I dont have and dont want one

• Undecided or dont know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not a shoulder bag person generally, so it really doesn't speak to me at all. If I were a shoulder bag person, I would not go for its proportions (or the classic Bombay bag).
actually I prefer carrying mine in hand, Birkin-style or over the shoulder when I'm in a playful mood ;)

This is a great question. I am curious too.
Personally this is my second choice if I can't get my hands on a Birkin. (see my signature)
I think its very cool shape and like it a lot. Unfortunately I never tried one on. I need to know whether it is heavy or not. I figure it might be a little too heavy.

Not the best quality pics but for what it's worth. May be after these some people will decide NOT to get a JPG :shrugs::P
attachment.php
attachment.php

I don't have one and don't want one, but I actually like it better than the regular Birkin. When I first saw a picture of it, carried by a model in an Hermes ad, I thought, wow, there's a Birkin that really has potential. However, I soon realized that it would never look that way on me, and reading about the proportions and weight just really brought it down.

Jedi, I love the way the jpg looks and think that it looks very hip and young. I'm about 5'3" and around a size 2 and thought that it looked good on me (but I could have been delusional). I'll try to find a picture to post.
However, it was just too big, heavy, and clumsy to carry. Also it has no pockets inside and all my stuff floated areound in a jumble. Finally, the thing that really drew me to it (the fact that it could go on the shoulder) wasn't really practical. The base of the bag was too wide to wear straight down on the shoulder and it was too long for me to wear tucked behind my arm (worn that way, I felt that I had a rifle bag slung over my shoulder).
I loved the idea of the bag but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I sold mine and I took quite a loss selling it. At least in my case, the jpg did not retain its value at all in resale so it was a costly mistake.

Jedi, I love the way the jpg looks and think that it looks very hip and young. I'm about 5'3" and around a size 2 and thought that it looked good on me (but I could have been delusional). I'll try to find a picture to post.
However, it was just too big, heavy, and clumsy to carry. Also it has no pockets inside and all my stuff floated areound in a jumble. Finally, the thing that really drew me to it (the fact that it could go on the shoulder) wasn't really practical. The base of the bag was too wide to wear straight down on the shoulder and it was too long for me to wear tucked behind my arm (worn that way, I felt that I had a rifle bag slung over my shoulder).
I loved the idea of the bag but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I sold mine and I took quite a loss selling it. At least in my case, the jpg did not retain its value at all in resale so it was a costly mistake.

This is precisely my concern. It looks cool, but I fear I would not find it comfortable or useable. They're obscenely expensive too - with tax it would be $10K. I think I am too risk adverse to buy one.