Poll - Fendi B-bag vs. McQueen Elvie

Fendi B-bag vs. McQueen Elvie?

• Fendi B-bag

• Alexander McQueen Elvie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 10, 2006
I would appreciate everyone's input! I just received a Fendi B-bag in the blue/black combo and am a bit on the fence. I also have a red patent Alexander McQueen Elvie on its way to me and have decided that I just can't keep both bags.

I wanted a Fendi B-bag for AGES but am now thinking it's not the most timeless bag, whereas the Elvie has a cool punk/classic edge. Any input is appreciated! So which bag is the keeper?

Fendi Blue/Black B-bag:

Elvie in Red modeled by LeAnn Rimes:

azzedine-alaia-corset-belt.png

I agree about that the McQueen makes more of a punk/classic statement, but I wasn't that crazy about it in patent. Then again I think I prefer softer patent leather for larger bags and the more structured look for clutches and shoes. I like the B-bags and they're a great structured "work" look, but if you like the punk/classic look or something with a little edge maybe the McQueen is the way to go. Or I also really like the east west B-bags.

Or even a medium YSL Muse? YSL makes some other bags that I think are a little more edgy.

They're both pretty, but I voted for the Fendi B. I own a smaller Fendi B in the same color combo, and the blue is more vibrant IRL. I voted against the McQueen because I'm beginning to get tired of patent leather, and this looks like the kind of smooth patent that would attract lots of fingerprints. Plus, if I recall correctly, you've already got a bordeaux patent Jimmy Choo, don't you wickedassin??? Do you have any other blue bags?

They're both pretty, but I voted for the Fendi B. I own a smaller Fendi B in the same color combo, and the blue is more vibrant IRL. I voted against the McQueen because I'm beginning to get tired of patent leather, and this looks like the kind of smooth patent that would attract lots of fingerprints. Plus, if I recall correctly, you've already got a bordeaux patent Jimmy Choo, don't you wickedassin??? Do you have any other blue bags?

I was compelled to "jump" on the Fendi after I saw yours! :P And you're right--I do have the bordeaux patent JC Riki. :rolleyes: I "love" that bag but I've just really wanted a pop of color! Most of my bags are darker colors like black, chocolate brown.... And I've really been craving a RED bag!

I know what you mean about the smooth patent attracting fingerprints. I checked out a black patent one the other night and it seemed to be relatively "fingerprint-proof"...

I don't have a blue bag but I think if I ultimately get something in blue, I'd like something a little more like an electric blue--like this shade:

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Treesje/19387.aspx