[poll] Does age matter to you when buying preloved?

Would the age of a (non "vintage") preloved bag influence your decision to buy?

• No, I'm focused on the condition and other factors only

Votes: 77 57.9%
  • Yes, I expect a lower price for an older bag (e.g. 2 bags same specs/condition, older is cheaper)

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Yes, I wouldn't buy a preloved bag greater than X number of years old (please tell us your number!)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
My top concern is authenticity. I've become friends with a consignment store owner here in Toronto, and she has had so many fake Hermes bags come in for evaluation. Many of them have vintage stamps. It's often easier to pass a "vintage" fake off as real since it can be harder to authenticate them. I myself would be vary wary of buying a very vintage bag, and would immediately have it authenticated or hotfoot it into Hermes for spa.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. Don't know how your friend is authenticating but stamps are only a tiny fraction of what's looked for.

I have only bought one H from a professional reseller (not counting friends)

Priorities:

Model of bag - (I hope) goes without saying.

1 Condition (anything that needs doing will cost at Spa and with no guarantees)
2. Size (no point in buying too big or small)
3. Leather type and colour (very often it's this spec I'm hunting for and no longer available new from H)
4. Hardware colour (I can 'deal' on most colours - not all)
5. Usually the leather and colour I'm looking for will determine the age anyway so I kind of know what age it's going to be. This includes various shades of classic colours such as Rouge H - which is why I had to go back to vintage '90s for RH Box.