Poll: Do you prefer caviar or lamb for the following

babygirlv

O.G.
Aug 11, 2008
Poll time!!!!!!!
Do you prefer caviar or lambskin for the following:

1. SLGs (wallet, cardholder, coin purse, pouch)
2. WOCs
3. Classic flaps (mini, m/l, jumbo)

katiebal

Apr 19, 2015
1. SLGs- lamb
2. WOCs- caviar
3. Classic Flaps- toss-up. Jumbos I don't have a preference (caviar if it is a daily/work bag), m/l prefer lamb, and minis are a toss-up, although I generally prefer caviar with crossbody bags.

Miss CC

Jan 25, 2013
La la land, CA
1. Slgs: Lambskin. There's just something about the rich color saturation of lambskin slgs that I love so much

2. Wocs: Caviar. I tend to use wocs when I'm traveling or running errands so I like it to be more durable and carefree

3. Classic flaps: it's a toss up. I have jumbos in both lamb and caviar and minis in both as well. It's the color and hardware combo I look for the most.

Reactions: Plumeria233

auntynat

O.G.
Apr 13, 2009
I'm no help:
1. SLG's - both, but I have 20% lamb 80% caviar as they get knocked around a little
2. WOC's - caviar
3. Classic flaps - both, I am literally 50/50 split between the two. I love caviar, but have to admit that I think lamb looks amazing and sometimes I prefer the smooth quilt look...

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
1. SLG's: Caviar. I wouldn't ever buy lamb.

2. WOC: I don't like WOC's, so neither. LOL!

3. Classic Flaps / Boys: Depends. For bags, I can use for work, I prefer worry free caviar or patent. But, if it's a bag I'll only use for pleasure, I generally prefer lamb.

I'll add a 4th category
4. Totes: Caviar because these bags need to work hard. Ironically, however, my only Chanel tote is lambskin and it's holding up very well.

babygirlv

O.G.
Aug 11, 2008
1. SLGs- caviar

2. Woc- lambskin

3. Classic flaps- lambskin for mini, jumbo and boy. Caviar for m/l

For those who prefer lambskin for SLGs- how do they hold on in the long term? Do they still stay puffy?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
Hmm...

SLGS - Caviar because they get knocked around, but I have had lamb and they held up well.

WOC's - unless you are going to use it for evening only, Caviar. I don't like lamb for anything cross body.

Classic Flaps - Jumbo - 100% Caviar, M/L - either, Mini - can be either but if going to be used as an everyday "run around" bag then probably would stick to Caviar.

ceedoan

Crazy Handbag Lady
Sep 29, 2011
1. Slgs: Lambskin. There's just something about the rich color saturation of lambskin slgs that I love so much

2. Wocs: Caviar. I tend to use wocs when I'm traveling or running errands so I like it to be more durable and carefree

3. Classic flaps: it's a toss up. I have jumbos in both lamb and caviar and minis in both as well. It's the color and hardware combo I look for the most.
+1, this could've been my same answer word for word. 100000% agree with you on this!! :tup:

tinyturtle

Dec 5, 2010
California
1. SLG's: Caviar. I wouldn't ever buy lamb.

2. WOC: I don't like WOC's, so neither. LOL!

3. Classic Flaps / Boys: Depends. For bags, I can use for work, I prefer worry free caviar or patent. But, if it's a bag I'll only use for pleasure, I generally prefer lamb.

I'll add a 4th category
4. Totes: Caviar because these bags need to work hard. Ironically, however, my only Chanel tote is lambskin and it's holding up very well.
which lambskin tote do you have? i love that any lambskin can be a workhorse