Poll. Do you have the lock adorning your Speedy?

Do you carry your Speedy with a lock hanging on the side?

• Yes, I hang the lock on the side of my Speedy.

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • No, I carry my Speedy without the lock.

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
I had mine on my Speedy and love how it looks. But after having been caught by the rain a couple of times the lock tarnished within a couple of weeks and it does not shine so nicely anymore. That is when I put it in its dustbag.

Mine is looking tarnished. I did a search about cleaning it and found that people swear by using ketchup to shine it up?! :eek: I need to research a bit more but I thought that was funny.

I like the look of the lock in the Speedy. For the longest time I kept mine on the zipper tab, and just recently moved it so that it hangs down from one of the handle chaps. You can't go wrong, those little locks are adorable! Lemondrop I think I cleaned mine once with white vinegar....

Haha, ketchup sounds weird, but I think I once saw a video, where they used orange juice and something else to clean the lock. :whut:

Obviously Brasso will work but if you don't have any to hand toothpaste also works. Put it on the tarnished lock, leave it on for about 10 mins and scrub off with an old toothbrush then buff with a buffing cloth. I've not tried Ketchup but have heard of this working, perhaps because it has vinegar in it.

Reactions: DaisyM and Quinni
I love the looks of the Speedy with the lock on it, but I can see why people would take it off (due to weight).

I used to leave the lock off my Emp Speedy, as I found the leather bag to be on the heavy side to begin with.